WEEK 14 RAIDERS VS KC

NCOUGHMAN

Miller gets overrated around here. He's a very average LT. Soon as he faces a decent DE, he's put on roller skates.

The Oline being terrible was the most obvious thing that was going to happen dating back to April. There was no chance this unit was going to be anything but awful and you could see it a mile away. 

They need 3-4 new starters on this Oline and a better coach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Miller gets overrated around here. He's a very average LT. Soon as he faces a decent DE, he's put on roller skates.

No, it's just that you hate him. He was PFF's 2nd best OT in pass blocking coming into this game.

But after this game, whoever wants to hate on any given player has new ammo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Look, Carr has some talent and is a good QB. EVERY QB will be better with better protection and skill positions around them, that's such a tired argument.  

The problem with Carr lost on some of you is that he is not a leader. He speaks in clichés, then says something as stupid as "One thing I will say is, I always have my teammates' back. And I will forever have their back and if that's what we're doing, that's what we're doing" when asked about the ridiculous logo stunt.

He's the QB and the longest tenured player with the team and his words have held no weight in the locker room for years. Gruden did his best to insulate him while being the voice and trying to push him to lead. Every year the team has collapsed the second half of the year playing sloppy, undisciplined football. That starts with your leader. Teammates would not pull that logo stunt if they knew the QB would disapprove.

For the, "I hope he gets traded to a team where he can win games, he deserves it crowd". The only chance he has is to go to a place where the coach is entrenched as the voice so that Carr doesn't have to pretend to be. And even then, he still has to lead players and get them to buy into his clichés.

Carr doesn't loose often because of poor performances. He looses because he's not a leader who is respected in all corners of the locker room. 

And if that's true, it's sad that 52 other grown men need a QB to tell them not to be stupid, to give it their all, and act like their jobs are on the line.

It definitely helps to have the fire of a Rich Gannon, but plenty of QBs have had success without it.

Carr is definitely passive aggressive like others have said.  I just don't know what he's expected to do?  Call them out? Throw them under the bus?  Don't say anything?  

Sounds like he's damned either way.  Maybe I've been wrong all this time and assumed most posters on here were men Lol.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

No, it's just that you hate him. He was PFF's 2nd best OT in pass blocking coming into this game.

But after this game, whoever wants to hate on any given player has new ammo.

I don't hate him. I'm only saying he's an average LT. When he faces guys like Frank Clark, he gets pushed around. He's not good at handling speed at times.

And I really don't care about PFF's grades. They are completely meaningless and subjective.

25 minutes ago, true2form said:

And if that's true, it's sad that 52 other grown men need a QB to tell them not to be stupid, to give it their all, and act like their jobs are on the line.

It definitely helps to have the fire of a Rich Gannon, but plenty of QBs have had success without it.

Carr is definitely passive aggressive like others have said.  I just don't know what he's expected to do?  Call them out? Throw them under the bus?  Don't say anything?  

Sounds like he's damned either way.  Maybe I've been wrong all this time and assumed most posters on here were men Lol.

Nothing he can do now. He is who he is. Everyone has to buy into him as a leader and they are not doing that. That's why he needs a fresh start as do the Raiders.

Calling them out is probably the answer, but it needed to happen a long time ago. He needed to set that tone as a leader years back. Being passive aggressive set the tone for him as a leader. You'll get some buy in, but not everyone will.

Think of it this way... when a rookie or free agent is signed by KC, Tampa, Green Bay, etc. they know day 1 who the man is in that building and that the standard is winning games.

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nothing he can do now. He is who he is. Everyone has to buy into him as a leader and they are not doing that. That's why he needs a fresh start as do the Raiders.

Calling them out is probably the answer, but it needed to happen a long time ago. He needed to set that tone as a leader years back. Being passive aggressive set the tone for him as a leader. You'll get some buy in, but not everyone will.

Think of it this way... when a rookie or free agent is signed by KC, Tampa, Green Bay, etc. they know day 1 who the man is in that building and that the standard is winning games.

Which we can blame him for to a degree. There is a fine line that all men have to walk to go from blowhard to respected blowhard.  If that's not his nature and we can see it, then people who are around him everyday, IE coaches should know better.

All I'm saying is that I don't expect the sky to be pink, grass to be orange, or a dog to be a cat.   

As for the bolded, that's winning, plain and simple.  I don't think Pat or Aaron are great leaders, at all.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

"Put the blame on me."

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Which we can blame him for to a degree. There is a fine line that all men have to walk to go from blowhard to respected blowhard.  If that's not his nature and we can see it, then people who are around him everyday, IE coaches should know better.

All I'm saying is that I don't expect the sky to be pink, grass to be orange, or a dog to be a cat.   

As for the bolded, that's winning, plain and simple.  I don't think Pat or Aaron are great leaders, at all.

Some leaders lead by example. You don't have to be raw raw to be a leader. These two are winners and players respect them for what they do on the field and in practice. 

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Some leaders lead by example. You don't have to be raw raw to be a leader. These two are winners and players respect them for what they do on the field and in practice. 

Very true.  I still don't think being a winner guarantees you're a leader.

9 minutes ago, true2form said:

Very true.  I still don't think being a winner guarantees you're a leader.

Does't guarantee it sure, but winning is infectious. Winners are usually winners because they are hard workers and demand the utmost best out of themselves. They have the mindset that they are the best and others gravitate to that from the QB position.  

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Does't guarantee it sure, but winning is infectious. Winners are usually winners because they are hard workers and demand the utmost best out of themselves. They have the mindset that they are the best and others gravitate to that from the QB position.  

That's the positive spin.  Not sure why I'm leaning towards the negative side, but is what it is.

We are saying the same thing from different sides of the same coin. 

• Like 1