Star Wars: Eclipse - Cinematic Trailer

Deadpulse

35 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Damn that looks better than the recent movies.  What kind of game is it?

couldn't find a whole lot about it other than:

Multiple playable characters

Choice based narratives that intertwine 

Set in the High Republic era

Action-adventure 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Damn that looks better than the recent movies.  What kind of game is it?

It’s Quantic Dream, so I’d assume it’ll be pretty dialogue/choice heavy.

Hope they up the combat and stuff in between. Open world and combat hasn’t really been their thing from what I remember.

—————————————
An aside, odd they didn’t separate this announcement from the anti-hostile workplace and anti-harassment message at the top. Like it was good to call it out with all the Activision stuff, but kinda tone deaf to have an announcement from a studio who’s had a lot of that criticism levied against them with only one announcement in between.  Did anyone else think that was an odd choice?

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Quantic Dream lmao. Yeah sure no I'll definitely play another game from LE BRILLIANTE MIND of David Cage as he berates and abuses his employees to make it happen and talk about LE SPACE MARTIN LUTHER KING or whatever.

This never comes out.

Yeah I got really excited by this trailer, aaaaaand then saw David Cage was involved and excitement turned to disappointment. Never played a Quantic Dream game, those type of games don't really appeal to me so I can live with missing this one out. Just give me FALLEN ORDER 2 DAMN IT

There was once a time when Star Wars story games were all I ever wanted. Detroit Become Human was pretty decent for me. Moderate to low expectations for this but still kinda excited. I think I’m actually most excited for what Ubisoft comes out with 

54 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

There was once a time when Star Wars story games were all I ever wanted. Detroit Become Human was pretty decent for me. Moderate to low expectations for this but still kinda excited. I think I’m actually most excited for what Ubisoft comes out with 

I too can’t wait to make an upgraded holsters with bantha leather….take down  Empire radio towers and bases. 

(I’ll 100% be into it, Ubisoft formula is that go to fast food of games for me)

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I too can’t wait to make an upgraded holsters with bantha leather….take down  Empire radio towers and bases. 

(I’ll 100% be into it, Ubisoft formula is that go to fast food of games for me)

maybe more of an assassins creed formula than far cry?

They also did do Beyond Good and Evil, which is a spectacularly underrated game

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

maybe more of an assassins creed formula than far cry?

They also did do Beyond Good and Evil, which is a spectacularly underrated game

Hope so, not that it’s too dissimilar. I play all those games so not saying I’ll hate it or anything. 

Wonder when and if that sequel ever comes out.

TL; DW

• Eclipse originally started as an MMORPG nicknamed Project Karma that Sony rejected for Detroit. Quantic Dream then used the assets from Karma to pitch Lucasfilm a new Star Wars game.
  • Quantic Dream was looking to sell itself after Detroit to get more resources but the workplace accusations drove away all the buyers.
  • QD's engine is causing problems for Eclipse cause it was only designed for confined levels and limited amount of NPC's.
  • Studio is struggling to create the multiplayer side of the game.
  • Game has been in development for over 18 months but the studio still has no playable version.
  • QD is having staffing problems due to allegations.

SURPRISE. If you're a piece of crap and abuse your employees and that becomes your reputation, nobody is gonna wanna work for you or associate with you.

This never comes out, I don't think we ever even see "gameplay".

FIrst why would this kind of game even need Multiplayer, and while i really enjoyed Detroit BH, i was unsure about this game due to all the allegations against QDs boss.

Time to toss this game into the Star Wars What could have been pit with 1313, Battle of the Sith Lords and OG BF 3.