Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

25 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

We discussed this elsewhere - Chicago is probably going to turn over their coaching staff; Joe Judge will probably be canned by the Giants. 

So there are 2 ST coordinators who have a track record of solid-or-better and will be on the market. 

Of course he’s gone after season. Not now though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

In hindsight, lucky thing for us Harbaugh doesn't like his team's chances in overtime....

It's certainly going to be something that's raised tomorrow on First Take and Undisputed.

To be honest I myself have to be careful about dumping on head coaches who go for 2 near the end of regulation when only needing 1 to tie because I was in the camp of wanting us to go for 2 in the 2015 playoff game in Arizona.

Yeah I don't know.  Harbaugh probably should know that even if he makes that 2 pointer, 42 seconds is plenty of time for Rodgers to get us in FG range as he did it in even less time in the SF game.  On the other hand, Crosby has had a tough year and you definitely have a real possibility he shanks it with that kind of pressure on his head.

The downside I've always hated about playing for OT is having a coin toss decide things, and the potential that if you lose it your offense may never get the ball.

As a Packers fan, i was sure hoping he'd go for the tie.  Between overtime and the 42 seconds left int he 4th, I thought our chances were better there than to stop the 2-point try.  Our success stopping 2-point conversions hasn't been good.  And with Andrews and Huntley's scrambling, I didn't love our chance of stopping them.  Not sure sending Andrews outside where he was covered by the boundary was the hardest play to stop?  

• Like 1

IIRC, this was the Packers first win without an interception or a turnover advantage.  Kind of fun to sneak out a win without the turnover advantage.  

Kinda tough to win when the other team has zero turnovers and a single punt.  But the offense scored enough.  

Fun to get the win on the road. 

One win at a time!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

It's certainly going to be something that's raised tomorrow on First Take and Undisputed.

To be honest I myself have to be careful about dumping on head coaches who go for 2 near the end of regulation when only needing 1 to tie because I was in the camp of wanting us to go for 2 in the 2015 playoff game in Arizona.

Yeah I don't know.  Harbaugh probably should know that even if he makes that 2 pointer, 42 seconds is plenty of time for Rodgers to get us in FG range as he did it in even less time in the SF game.  On the other hand, Crosby has had a tough year and you definitely have a real possibility he shanks it with that kind of pressure on his head.

The downside I've always hated about playing for OT is having a coin toss decide things, and the potential that if you lose it your offense may never get the ball.

And therein may lie the crux of Harbaugh's thinking....Why not take the opportunity to place fate in your own hands instead of relying on sheer luck of the draw?....

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers just don't play well against running QBs. Still our kryptonite. Luckily we shouldn't see one in the playoffs outside of maybe Murray. 

Yeah, that was tough.  Just like last week, seemed he was surrounded in the pocket a lot, but he could consistently escape, and usually get some free run for a variably good gain.  

Huntley was very impressive.  And Andres, that guy is really good.  They seemed to have a good plan. 

That combo of a great TE plus a good running QB is a very challenging combination.  Our corners have covered well, but when the opponent doesn't attack the corners much, you're still vulnerable.  

I'm not expert analyst, and maybe MLF's film review will conclude otherwise.  But I thought Dennis Kelly looked pretty vulnerable in pass protection.  

The hypothetical return of Bakhti might be more urgent/important than I'd appreciated before tonight.