2021 Week 15 GDT Steelers vs. Titans

Steeler Hitman

2021-steelers-vs-titans.jpg

Steelers host the Titans 

Sunday, December 19, 2021 at 1 PM at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, PA

Steelers lead the all time series 47-32-0 Steelers have won the last three meetings

Last Game 10/25/2020 won by Pittsburgh 27-24. After a near perfect half of football the Steelers went up 24-7 and had a chance to score late, but a forced end zone pass gave the Titans life and they outplayed the Steelers in the second half before falling short by three points. 

v7kanpjsimboqryt49yz

Run Defense has been MIA (Missing in Action) much of the year and gave up 242 yards rushing against the Vikings. Dalvin Cook ran for 205 yards, 2 TDs, and had a 7.5 YPC average.

55175-steelers-chase-claypool-commemorat

Situational football young fella. Not the time to acknowledge your self. Get the ball to the ref and save valuable seconds. Perhaps another play or two with those saved precious ticks of the clock and not Tic Toc posing! Save it for after the game and if you win!

maxresdefault.jpg

Never in my life would I hear other teams, fans, and media question the toughness of the Pittsburgh Steelers. For several seasons this teams toughness, heart and character have been questioned by fans, opponents, former players, and those outside of the organization. 

th?id=OIP.UdpJ-nzpJ2P5z0Pd1qWYEwHaFC&pid

Time to get a mean on Steelers!

ujfj3brmaqpefhizdhq5.jpg

A defensive bright spot has been the play of CB Ahkello Witherspoon the past two weeks. Please save the celebrating of an INT when you team is down 26-0 for another time. 🙁

2c1f0259df0345edd335548095e93f33.png

Tradition and culture mean nothing if the team (players) don't enforce this.  You may be down talent and players, but that should not ever affect your effort and passion to succeed. 

AATXAJy4RtkgceLj_47JVQNna2qdN-vP6lZTL0LP

Let's start playing for the name on the front of the shirt, not just the one on the back of it! 

Pittsburgh-Steelers-Logo-Wallpaper-HD.jp

Don't mean to sound so negative, but I am extremely disappointed in this Steelers team. The team has played as Coach Tomlin calls it, "very Junior Varsity!" I am hoping for pride, effort, and toughness in the trenches. The team is getting manhandled in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We can point to rookies, injuries, and a lot of other reasons and excuses, but....The bottom line is this is the NFL and it will be Not For Long for some players and coaches. 

xwsnevtqxifzyd1ftj68.jpg

If you can get this kid some blocking and consistency, it would go a long way towards establishing some offensive cohesion before the fourth quarter when you are down by 22 points losing 29-7. 

Pittsburgh-Steelers-fall-short-of-remark

Keep your head up #88! You have caught and will catch more tough passes like this than you will drop. The loss was not because of this missed opportunity!  

bb4fa167d0c348faaeefa9a459ebf41c.jpg?w=1

I love my team, but I am incredibly disappointed in them. I am not sure if they will win another game this year. I can stomach defeat, but not poor effort and selfishness from some. Titans over Steelers 24-23. (I am hoping for some effort before the relaxed defenses, huge leads, fourth quarter attempted comebacks). 

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Line was accidently erased
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's a scorching take. I'd agree that he's overrated, but I think it's because RBs are overrated. 

I think he’s more of a volume back that breaks off a few good ones every other game than a real game changer. And interesting next Gen stat is basically yards beyond expected. This year Henry was getting 0.05. He’s never been a leader in this stat. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

The next time Tomlin gives away his gameplan ahead of time will be the first time. 

I get that, but if you take all his comments on offensive struggles — it doesn’t appear like he is looking for change. 

He said he is “not overly concerned” with the slow starting offense…that’s….not great. And doesn’t seem like they are interested in looking for answers. So while I’m being sarcastic at a comment like this…I also don’t expect it to change.

13 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I get that, but if you take all his comments on offensive struggles — it doesn’t appear like he is looking for change. 

He said he is “not overly concerned” with the slow starting offense…that’s….not great. And doesn’t seem like they are interested in looking for answers. So while I’m being sarcastic at a comment like this…I also don’t expect it to change.

I was being a little sarcastic too. I partially wonder if his view at this point is the offense….is what it is. Can’t handle the heat so they have to wait things out so to speak. Less he isn’t interested in changing it and more he feels there’s no magical change to make it better. 

36 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I was being a little sarcastic too. I partially wonder if his view at this point is the offense….is what it is. Can’t handle the heat so they have to wait things out so to speak. Less he isn’t interested in changing it and more he feels there’s no magical change to make it better. 

I would just hope that at some point he would say, we need more if this is what our defense is. So we need to find ways to manufacture things — and pace can play a role. 

But I also realize it’s hard to ask for pace when your defense can’t get a 3 and out to save its life early so you also are not going to ask them to go back on the field in under a minute because your offense also went 3&O.

Its a delicate balance he needs to try to find, but you won’t win many games starting 29-0….but 29-7 even makes a huge difference at that point. 

20 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's a scorching take. I'd agree that he's overrated, but I think it's because RBs are overrated. 

It depends who you talk to.   I think MOST people realize, in todays league, RB is not really a premier position.

I remember getting into arguments in here over drafting Bell several years ago, and then even this year when the possibility of drafting Harris or Etienne was mentioned.

If anyone wants to know why I hate drafting RBs high, the Steelers drafting Harris in the first round is the perfect example.

Before I continue, let me just say that I think Harris is a really good player with alot to offer, and I was...okay-ish drafting him, if only because there wasnt a ton of better value on the board when we picked, and RB was a clear need on a team that decided to bring back a 39 year old. shell-of-his-former-self QB that needed all the help he could get.

However, as talented as Harris might be....he, and ALL RBs, are HUGELY reliant on the OLine to do their job in order for them to have success.    I know this isnt exactly ground-breaking news, but I always laugh when people want to draft RBs early when you have no ******* OLine to block for them.  Im not big on taking RB in the first round under ANY circumstances outside of the team being stacked and the RB being a versatile weapon....but Harris never stood a chance this year, and when it comes to RB, you need to be able to utilize them effectively IMMEDIATELY.

This is another reason I want to move on from Colbert....because he doesnt seem too interested in trading down.   They will reach or take a luxury pick before trading down, which really annoys me.   I know the opportunities for trading down arent always there and I accept that, but I dont believe for a second that they couldnt have traded down even once instead of drafting guys like Artie Burns, Terrell Edmiunds and/or Najee Harris.

Here is the reality....a guy like James Conner wouldve been perfectly fine for us if not for our run blocking going to complete dog **** after Munch left.    The year Leveon held out, Conner played just as well as Bell ever did up until he got hurt.     I know Conner being oft-injured was a big reason we let him go, but the point is....a guy like Najee Harris would be considered much more "talented" than James Conner, but the fact is, he isnt going to offer much more behind a terrible line than a slightly less talented, 3rd round RB like Conner will.

If I were a GM or coach, I would legit never even remotely consider drafting RB until round 3....unless my team was absolutely stacked at most positions and it was a pretty special player that could add alot to the team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

This is another reason I want to move on from Colbert....because he doesnt seem too interested in trading down.   They will reach or take a luxury pick before trading down, which really annoys me.   I know the opportunities for trading down arent always there and I accept that, but I dont believe for a second that they couldnt have traded down even once instead of drafting guys like Artie Burns, Terrell Edmiunds and/or Najee Harris.

100%. And given in most cases that a pick 2-3 later were traded tells me someone was trying to move up. I think teams just don’t try because they know Colbert isn’t interested. 

2016 - Pick behind us the Broncos moved up for Paxton Lynch and gave up 31 and 94. Instead we take Burns. Could have had Chris Jones or Xavier Howard instead. In the 94 range Justin Simmons was there. 

2018 - Took Edmunds. 4 picks later Balt gave up 2 2nds and a 4th. Turay, Bates, Donte Jackson. With the 4th Avonte Maddox. (This was the Lamar Jackson trade FWIW) 

2019 - We move up for Bush. Picks right after us were GB giving up a 1st and 2 4ths, Philly giving up a 1st/4th/6th. 

What’s strange to me is they seem to come in waves of a few years with good high picks based on guys falling. Then a few down years based on the overspending to keep those guys and needing to draft positions. 

I’ve pounded the table on this Colbert problem where he’s great when talent lands in his lap. He can make the easy call picks all day. He’s not a good assessment of talent when it comes to picking a need. 

How about this one: 2008 takes Mendenhall with 4 of the next five RBs taken being Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Jamal Charles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Before I continue, let me just say that I think Harris is a really good player with alot to offer, and I was...okay-ish drafting him, if only because there wasnt a ton of better value on the board when we picked, and RB was a clear need on a team

It would have been interesting if Darrisaw made it past Minnesota.

• Like 1