Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Because openly mocking an addict with a problem trying to get clean, and relapsing, then TRYING AGAIN is a pretty ****ed up thing to do?

It's marijuana. You have to understand why people aren't sympathetic here. Moreover, Gordon doesn't read this board, so who cares? Plenty of worse things are mocked here.

10 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

seriously, it's like people are rooting for him to fail...disgusting

People are tired of hearing the same story every year (especially when said people have to deal with loony fans in their fan-base demanding their team trade for Josh Gordon).

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's marijuana. You have to understand why people aren't sympathetic here. Moreover, Gordon doesn't read this board, so who cares? Plenty of worse things are mocked.

Because it's A) not just marijuana and he's openly admitted to that it requires literally a 5 second google search and B) This board and it's ability to signal boost it is utterly irrelevant. 

Mocking addicts for being addicts is a ****ed up thing to do to people. Period. It doesn't matter what all else, these are people with a problem, especially people, like Josh Gordon, who are just trying to get help and to get better.

Just now, jrry32 said:

People are tired of hearing the same story every year (especially when said people have to deal with loony fans in their fan-base demanding their team trade for Josh Gordon).

well people should have taken the time to learn why the story isn't the same this time

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

So you root for him to fail because you're tired of... what? Hearing random people talk about it?

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

well people should have taken the time to learn why the story isn't the same this time

This is the third time I've been told that. Each of the past two times, it was the same.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

So you root for him to fail because you're tired of... what? Hearing random people talk about it?

I really don't care what Gordon does or doesn't do. But yea, I'll laugh at some of the jokes mocking him.

Just now, jrry32 said:

This is the third time I've been told that. Each of the past two times, it was the same.

LIS, if people would just take the time to learn about the situation, it would have been obvious that he was actually serious about everything this time. And it's showing. He got re-instated and now he just has to stay clean.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

LIS, if people would just take the time to learn about the situation, it would have been obvious that he was actually serious about everything this time. And it's showing. He got re-instated and now he just has to stay clean.

He was serious last time he got reinstated, until he wasn't. He was serious the time before that when he wrote that Player's Tribune article, until he wasn't. Actions speak louder than words. We'll talk when he manages to get and stay on the field for more than a few games.

Just now, IDOG_det said:

exactly, the actions have been different this time. LIS, if people would just take the time to learn...

Not the first time I heard that. This would be the first time that he didn't end up suspended again after I heard that. You're not going to get the benefit of the doubt, IDOG. Accept it and move on.

I hope he's totally serious about getting his life turned around and he's not going to blow yet another chance.

he has a daughter now and he's been granted a great opportunity. he needs to make this work and stay off the drugs not just for himself, but for her too.

and if he does fail then he has no one to blame but himself.

Archived