Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

6 hours ago, The Hitch said:

This is a sad example of victimology I'm my opinion.

Omg poor you. You have to read a post on the internet suggesting an organization you like should invest in a player you don't like?

This is your victim card to explain why Its ok to root for someone you don't know who's done nothing wrong to fail.

Have you thought the logic of this through completely?

OMG poor you. You have to read people being mean to a pro athlete on the internet.

Gordon has done nothing wrong? How about all the failed drug tests? How about the DWI? How about all the times he's let his team down?

Remove your head from your anus, and then, I might find your opinion to be worth reading. Until then, keep crying your crocodile tears. They are having no effect whatsoever on me.

13 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Link?

Never heard any of this, and I consider myself a borderline online stalker of his. That was the first he offered more than excuses for his suspensions and took responsibilty for them. The first he showed the world what he has been doing to make amends and rebuild what he destroyed. And there were many other firsts packed into those 13 minutes. 

I won't expect a link to be forthcoming, because you are making it up.

And for what it's worth, Roger Goodell buys it. I buy it. That's two people.

So both of your sentences are demonstrably false.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/12248767/not-drug-addict

Good luck with this working out. I'm sure it will.

That's not to say I don't want him to succeed. I'm all for comeback stories and as much talent in the NFL as possible but we have seen this time and time again. He has no benefit of the doubt and until he proves everyone wrong he's the boy who cried wolf. If he's taken different steps this time around that's great but it doesn't mean anything until he's at a place where this is undoubtedly behind him in terms of his career (obviously addiction never goes away). You "buying it" literally means nothing.

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

Did you just hear the word victimology and thought "man id sound real smart if i used it before knowing what it means."

Did I use it falsely?

Internet says that 1 of the definitions is : "a mental attitude which tends to indulge and perpetuate the feeling of being a victim"

Pretty much what I was going for.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

OMG poor you. You have to read people being mean to a pro athlete on the internet.

Gordon has done nothing wrong? How about all the failed drug tests? How about the DWI? How about all the times he's let his team down?

Remove your head from your anus, and then, I might find your opinion to be worth reading. Until then, keep crying your crocodile tears. They are having no effect whatsoever on me.

Its too bad you don't consider my opinion worth reading because I'm about to say this.

You are right. I didn't realize Gordon was caught Driving Under Influence. For me that is a very underrated crime and I think it should carry a prison sentence.

Up until now I thought Gordon had merely been caught privately high. Which is something I strongly believe is a victimless crime and unfair to take someone's career away for. But putting other people's lives at risk by driving when in that state is a whole other ball game.

Obviously I don't care if you are mean to an athlete. I think people should grow thicker skin on all sides of a debate. Which is why I attacked you for giving the impression by being so offended by someone saying Rams should trade for Gordon, in the first place.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, he's 26, not 36. Even 75% of his former self is still bad ***

Last time we saw him he was about 50% of his former self.  Do we expect that he's gotten better in his 3 year layoff?

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

*bookmarked 

So you don't agree with Chad Ochocinco?

Lol k.  Because Chad is some expert on the subject.

48 minutes ago, The Hitch said:

Did I use it falsely?

Internet says that 1 of the definitions is : "a mental attitude which tends to indulge and perpetuate the feeling of being a victim"

Pretty much what I was going for.

Ya but it doesnt apply here. Being annoyed by something doesnt make you a victim. 

Ironically most people sticking up for gordon is victimology. 

See the OP was just explaining how hes doesnt like something and suggestiong most everyone else doesnt like it either. Victimology would be bad things happen to me for no fault of my own. For example "ive been suspended from the league for a long time because the nfl is a bunch of bullies" that's victimology. 

Your understanding of victimology is very far off. I suggest reading more about before using it.

Just now, eagles101 said:

Ya but it doesnt apply here. Being annoyed by something doesnt make you a victim. 

Ironically most people sticking up for gordon is victimology. 

See the OP was just explaining how hes doesnt like something and suggestiong most everyone else doesnt like it either. Victimology would be bad things happen to me for no fault of my own. For example "ive been suspended from the league for a long time because the nfl is a bunch of bullies" that's victimology. 

Your understanding of victimology is very far off. I suggest reading more about before using it.

Having reread my comments and the definition of "victimology", I am more confident now than ever that it was precisely the word I was looking for.

If there are variations between your published thesis definition of victimology and the context I used it in, feel free to explain it under "hyperbole" or one of the other common literally devices that people use on a daily basis on internet forums like this, that explain why not every word typed is always used precisely in the same way you may find it used as an example in the dictionary.

11 minutes ago, The Hitch said:

Having reread my comments and the definition of "victimology", I am more confident now than ever that it was precisely the word I was looking for.

If there are variations between your published thesis definition of victimology and the context I used it in, feel free to explain it under "hyperbole" or one of the other common literally devices that people use on a daily basis on internet forums like this, that explain why not every word typed is always used precisely in the same way you may find it used as an example in the dictionary.

Thats fine that you think it means that but you are clearly wrong. 

15 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Link?

Never heard any of this, and I consider myself a borderline online stalker of his. That was the first he offered more than excuses for his suspensions and took responsibilty for them. The first he showed the world what he has been doing to make amends and rebuild what he destroyed. And there were many other firsts packed into those 13 minutes. 

I won't expect a link to be forthcoming, because you are making it up.

And for what it's worth, Roger Goodell buys it. I buy it. That's two people.

So both of your sentences are demonstrably false.  

Call me a third person because I'm buying it and that's why I posted the video. 

Archived