Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

People are tired of hearing the same story every year (especially when said people have to deal with loony fans in their fan-base demanding their team trade for Josh Gordon).

This is a sad example of victimology I'm my opinion.

Omg poor you. You have to read a post on the internet suggesting an organization you like should invest in a player you don't like?

This is your victim card to explain why Its ok to root for someone you don't know who's done nothing wrong to fail.

Have you thought the logic of this through completely?

I honestly hope he gets another chance...pending he can pass a drug test.

If he messes up again, his career is definitely over.   However, he is still young and still capable of being a star in this league.    I do think he needs to get out of Cleveland though.   No....this isnt me trying to hate on Cleveland, but moreso saying that I think he needs a change of scenery....even if he went to Baltimore or the Patriots.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I honestly hope he gets another chance...pending he can pass a drug test.

If he messes up again, his career is definitely over.   However, he is still young and still capable of being a star in this league.    I do think he needs to get out of Cleveland though.   No....this isnt me trying to hate on Cleveland, but moreso saying that I think he needs a change of scenery....even if he went to Baltimore or the Patriots.

Cris Carter said the same thing 3 years ago.

If I'm the Browns, I'm not getting rid of him. Either get your life/act together here and help us win games, or you're done in the NFL. I'm not trading/cutting him so that he can figure out how to be an adult and then watch him dominate somewhere else.

But, then again, this is the Browns, so who knows.

Just now, MWil23 said:

If I'm the Browns, I'm not getting rid of him. Either get your life/act together here and help us win games, or you're done in the NFL. I'm not trading/cutting him so that he can figure out how to be an adult and then watch him dominate somewhere else.

Well, I certainly understand where youre coming from since we are in a slightly similar situation with Martavis Bryant.

The Browns themselves have really nothing to lose by keeping him.   My viewpoint on him needing a change is from his end.   However, the ball is in the Browns court.   They wont get much of anything in a trade and he could potentially come back and be a top receiver again.   However, I think, for him and everything he has been through, a fresh start in a new city is his best chance.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, I certainly understand where youre coming from since we are in a slightly similar situation with Martavis Bryant.

Right, that thought did cross my mind as well.

The Browns themselves have really nothing to lose by keeping him.   My viewpoint on him needing a change is from his end.   

I understand entirely. My viewpoint is basically that it's not the Browns job to give him a change of scenery. They are investing and have invested a lot in him (2nd round pick, lots of money, and paid for rehab/various other support while he's been on suspension). If he's not a Brown, then they shouldn't support him as a person. I know that sounds cold hearted, but it is what it is from a football standpoint.

However, the ball is in the Browns court.   They wont get much of anything in a trade and he could potentially come back and be a top receiver again.   However, I think, for him and everything he has been through, a fresh start in a new city is his best chance.

I don't think we'll ever see 2013 Josh Gordon again, but he could come in right now and they could draw plays in the dirt and he'd still be 1,000 times better than whoever their "best" WR is currently.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Zero point at all to try to trade or cut him, if so, we would have done that literally years ago.

22 hours ago, ditchdigger said:
If any of you actually took the time to learn about what you think is funny, you'd know that this young man has spent a lot of time trying to repair his life after substance abuse took hold of it and led him down a dark path.  You'd know he's been working harder than he's ever worked to get in football shape.  You'd know that he's been trying to become a good father to his child.  You'd know he's been on a mission to meet the terms of his reinstatement, and to get back in the NFL and become what he allowed his addiction to nearly take away from him.

If you care to learn all that instead of making jokes at his expense, watch this and hear it from the man himself.

https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/3VceYXfI/jg-josh-gordon

That is no guarantee that he won't relapse and be out of the league forever, but it is an acknowledgement that he knows he screwed it all up and it's his last chance to make something of himself in the league.  A dream he has always had, and a destiny he's set to fulfill if he can fight the demon that have kept him off the field for years.  A demon that every addict knows is always there.  I wish him well, and I hope all of the people who think it's funny to make jokes at his expense can see this interview and hope the best for him too.

I'd be surprised if we hear any news from the league office today.  Most of these reinstatement stories get released by the league on a Friday, but in the age of twitter and leaks, I hope we hear something because it's been a rough 24 hours to be a Browns fan.  As if that isn't rough enough.

I'm glad he's turning his life around, but it's been a long time since he's been relevant.  I'd be surprised if he comes back and looks anything like his former self.

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm glad he's turning his life around, but it's been a long time since he's been relevant.  I'd be surprised if he comes back and looks anything like his former self.

Bro, he's 26, not 36. Even 75% of his former self is still bad ***. And who's to say he couldn't get better knowing this could be his last shot in the back of his mind?

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

My guess is the condition is regular drug tests?

Standard procedure in the program. Can call him any time and IIRC he has 2 hours to report and produce a specimen, regardless of his location.  Between suspensions last time, he had 40+ passing tests. Only takes one to fail and be done with the NFL forever now.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I do think he needs to get out of Cleveland though.   No....this isnt me trying to hate on Cleveland, but moreso saying that I think he needs a change of scenery....even if he went to Baltimore or the Patriots.

That's just fear talking. Can't wait to see Haden try to cover him.

9 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Standard procedure in the program. Can call him any time and IIRC he has 2 hours to report and produce a specimen, regardless of his location.  Between suspensions last time, he had 40+ passing tests. Only takes one to fail and be done with the NFL forever now.

Last time he missed a test he was allegedly out on a jet ski off of the coast of Florida and missed his 2-4 hour window. A missed test is considered a positive test.

Hopefully Josh has it figured out this time around. He has a kid, child support, is at rock bottom/on his last chance, and has to get his life and future figured out. Hopefully he can do all of them at the same time while still being a major contributor.

I'm not sure if he'll ever be 2013 Gordon again, but he's still only 26 and if he's at 80-90% of where he was he will still be Pro Bowl caliber.

6 hours ago, The Hitch said:

This is a sad example of victimology I'm my opinion.

Omg poor you. You have to read a post on the internet suggesting an organization you like should invest in a player you don't like?

This is your victim card to explain why Its ok to root for someone you don't know who's done nothing wrong to fail.

Have you thought the logic of this through completely?

Did you just hear the word victimology and thought "man id sound real smart if i used it before knowing what it means."

Archived