Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

22 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

From the article link above. I believe the quote speaks for itself. Feel a lot less sympathy for what the 'fans' have been through with that franchise. Seems like they got what they deserve.

"The spring and summer of 2016. I was in a car accident, totaled the car, wrapped it around a telephone pole. [We were] speeding. Me and another passenger, both [drunk], thinking it's fun. Sideswiping cars on the street. Putting other people in danger. And then ultimately, it's like: How the hell did I walk out of that without a scratch? Cause the car is blown to sh**".

I think the above quote speaks for itself. I don't see very much remorse in that comment. I see him talking about how lucky he is to have not died but nothing about remorse for putting people in danger or damaging the cars that some people can likely hardly afford to fix while he thinks it is "fun" because he has the money to blow. Yet he sues a guy who damaged his? Cries about someone denting the hood?  I guarantee not one owner of a vehicle he damaged received a dime. He seems like the type to be involved in a hit and run and cover it up. And I think that says a lot about the people he surrounds himself with. I highly doubt his "brothers" were any less self-righteous and entitled as he comes across as. Momma was probably defending her "good little boy" to the death. It is understandable to a degree, but he makes it seem like people were simply hateful to a bunch of well-meaning and upstanding citizens. I'll hold my reservations. The more he talks though, the more I begin to see the picture of him as a real POS, and not for the drug/alcohol abuses. 

13 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

From the article link above. I believe the quote speaks for itself. Feel a lot less sympathy for what the 'fans' have been through with that franchise. Seems like they got what they deserve.

There are crazy fans everywhere but I'm calling BS on this. He was never looked at as a villain in Cleveland. At least not prior to this comment, that may change now. You ain't breaking no car window with a penny. Sounds like he still has some demons, maybe it is just to get released but if he isn't going to put in any effort I'd Marcus Allen him.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:52 AM, cddolphin said:

anything can be addictive, whomever you heard that from is a silly goose, besides his issues went beyond the devil's lettuce

I hope he gets reinstated, the NFL is better with him playing.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Gordon chose reefer over football years ago. The NFL is better off without guys like Gordon.

7 hours ago, Joe_Murrell said:

This makes no sense whatsoever. Gordon chose reefer over football years ago. The NFL is better off without guys like Gordon.

Why? It's just a product. If he was never suspended no one would know or care much. If he is being honest saying he was high/drunk before every game that would be a pretty good indication that he likely isn't the only one getting away with it and as long as fans don't know we wouldn't care, pertaining to the product on the field. Good players are good for the NFL. He is a good player. If you just mean he is bad because of image then I have to say the violent crimes that players have done are much worse for image.

Josh Gordon, whatever his issues may be because lord knows there are tons of them we'll probably never get the full story on because he's probably going to die young (Hopefully not but if the DUI thing is true....) 

Hopefully he can try and put his life back together, don't give a damn if he plays football again just hope he realizes his life isn't something you can just treat like he's treated over the past few years.

16 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Josh Gordon, whatever his issues may be because lord knows there are tons of them we'll probably never get the full story on because he's probably going to die young (Hopefully not but if the DUI thing is true....) 

Technically an alcoholic has about an 8 year longer lifespan than an NFL player so just by going off of averages he is likely to live longer boozing away than playing in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Technically an alcoholic has about an 8 year longer lifespan than an NFL player so just by going off of averages he is likely to live longer boozing away than playing in the NFL.

Oh wow that's some horrible stats and or logic.

12 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Oh wow that's some horrible stats and or logic.

Well you lose 10+ years on average being an alcoholic so I wouldn't recommend it, it just isn't as drastic as being an NFL player, almost a 20 year shorter lifespan than average. At least according to my Google search.

48 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well you lose 10+ years on average being an alcoholic so I wouldn't recommend it, it just isn't as drastic as being an NFL player, almost a 20 year shorter lifespan than average. At least according to my Google search.

Never would've thought football would be damaging to your health than booze (well at least the thought would've never popped into my head) so thanks for the random fact.

55 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Where did you see that? I read the opposite. NFL players are likely to live longer than the general population (likely best they're so physically fit).

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Where did you see that? I read the opposite. NFL players are likely to live longer than the general population (likely best they're so physically fit).

Just a google search, it was from wiki but it also claims that it was false even though SI published it. The other study says what you say, mostly claiming that there are less smokers in the NFL than general public so less disease and longer life. It also says that they develop a drastically lower mental/personality disorders than the general public which seems to counter the whole concussion theory so I'm not sure I believe either.

However if you google NFL player lifespan the 53-59 average comes up and if you google alcoholic lifespan it says 10-12 years less than average (which is around 76 for men). That is how I came up with them, I did add that I got them from a quick google search to cover my behind in case they were wrong :) which at least one appears likely to be.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Just a google search, it was from wiki but it also claims that it was false even though SI published it. The other study says what you say, mostly claiming that there are less smokers in the NFL than general public so less disease and longer life. It also says that they develop a drastically lower mental/personality disorders than the general public which seems to counter the whole concussion theory so I'm not sure I believe either.

However if you google NFL player lifespan the 53-59 average comes up and if you google alcoholic lifespan it says 10-12 years less than average (which is around 76 for men). That is how I came up with them, I did add that I got them from a quick google search to cover my behind in case they were wrong :) which at least one appears likely to be.

The study was conducted by an agency within the CDC. I'm not sure how you can doubt it:

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/pgms/worknotify/pdfs/NFL_Notification_01.pdf

The only major flaw you can point to is that it's old. Maybe things have changed in the past 20 years (of course, that would be difficult for us to know at this stage). However, the CTE and TBI research is still in it beginning stages. I wouldn't discredit the other research out there on the basis of that limited research.

Archived