Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah crazy to think they are letting this guy back after battling an addiction and using something that is legalized in several states. I mean what next. Are they going to start letting people that have killed/seriously injured others get second chances...Oh wait..

uspw_6530752_crop_north.jpg?1354581655&w

Donte Stallworth, while he was at fault shouldn't be lumped in with Ray Lewis.

Stallworth was drinking about until 2 AM or so, woke up around 7 AM and thought he'd slept it off. He was driving and hit someone who was Jaywalking and came out between two parallel parked cars. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Stallworth was drinking about until 2 AM or so, woke up around 7 AM and thought he'd slept it off. He was driving and hit someone who was Jaywalking and came out between two parallel parked cars. 

Yeah I suppose that isn't as bad as Gordon using a substance that is legal in several states with nobody being killed at any point

Just now, tyler735 said:

Yeah I suppose that isn't as bad as Gordon using a substance that is legal in several states with nobody being killed at any point

It's apple to oranges. No sense in comparing the two, honestly. Gordon was given a multitude of chances and if your employer doesn't want you to do something then it's in your best interest to comply. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's apple to oranges. No sense in comparing the two, honestly. Gordon was given a multitude of chances and if your employer doesn't want you to do something then it's in your best interest to comply. 

Yeah one is killing someone, the other is a substance that is legalized in several states. In response to the initial post I quoted, it was just showing how silly that point of view is that he's getting a another chance when others have done far worse and have gotten second chances. So yes it made perfect sense in that context.

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't know if this is implying you think Ray Lewis is actually a murderer, or if you're implying that he shouldn't be lumped in because Lewis refused to cooperate with police about who stabbed a person. Either way, Stallworth shouldn't be lumped in with Ray Lewis. One of them murdered someone, the other is Ray Lewis. And Josh Gordon has nothing to do with either of them.

I hope he comes back and is still dominant. The NFL needs an more talent, and it's always great to see stories like Gordon's coming back into the NFL. Hopefully he can stay clean and return to being dominant.

24 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I don't know if this is implying you think Ray Lewis is actually a murderer, or if you're implying that he shouldn't be lumped in because Lewis refused to cooperate with police about who stabbed a person. Either way, Stallworth shouldn't be lumped in with Ray Lewis. One of them murdered someone, the other is Ray Lewis. And Josh Gordon has nothing to do with either of them.

I hope he comes back and is still dominant. The NFL needs an more talent, and it's always great to see stories like Gordon's coming back into the NFL. Hopefully he can stay clean and return to being dominant.

Donte Stallworth never murdered anyone. "Unintentional Manslaughter" only because he was still mildly intoxicated from the night before after having slept for hours. 

You're pretty funny guy.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Donte Stallworth never murdered anyone. "Unintentional Manslaughter" only because he was still mildly intoxicated from the night before after having slept for hours. 

You're pretty funny guy.

You're right - he directly killed someone, which is something neither Ray Lewis nor Josh Gordon have done. Point still stands.

2 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Gordon could be a welcome add to the Browns. If he's on his game then he'll improve that team which is welcome big time right now I would think.

Can't wait to see him destroy the Packers defense in his first game back in Cleveland next week

7 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Gordon could be a welcome add to the Browns. If he's on his game then he'll improve that team which is welcome big time right now I would think.

Meh I don't buy this. Gordon coming back is almost overkill at this point. We already have Kenny Britt, Ricardo Louis, and Hollywood Higgins. Not sure where Gordon fits into all of this, but he shouldn't be taking reps away from what has become a deadly receiving group. Even if he is Josh Gordon of old, good luck beating out the guys in front of you. They've been $$$ all year long and are all still young players on the rise.

Besides, he is a danger to himself and society. Smoking pot is suddenly ok? Millions of people die every year from it and with the way society is celebrating it, those numbers will continue to rise.

I'm definitely excited to see him back! I won't be surprised if he has a quiet game since this is first game in seemingly forever, so I'm sure he's quite rusty. But still, even if Gordon is half as good as he once was, then that's still significantly better than receivers like Louis and Higgins. I also hope his presence opens things up for Coleman.

Archived