Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

15 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

That's just fear talking. Can't wait to see Haden try to cover him.

Haden has been pretty good for us....thanks again.   

He does have alot to learn though.   For some reason, he wasnt aware that games still mattered after week 8.  

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He does have alot to learn though.   For some reason, he wasnt aware that games still mattered after week 8.  

Low bar for CB play you got over there.

Haden hasn't been good since around the time Gordon led the NFL in receiving yards.  The match up will not favor Joe. Or anyone else, really.

People forget how talented this man is. A determined Josh Gordon is going to be a problem for all NFL DBs.

13 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ha ha haha ha haha ha that is so witty and funny, where do you come up with these?

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Is he still a Brown or will he be a FA?

This appears to make it sound like the Browns will retain him (no real reason not to): "As emphasized at today's meeting, everyone -- including Josh's teammates and coaches, the Browns' ownership and organization, the Program professionals and all of us at the league office -- want him to have every opportunity to resume his career and to be successful in the NFL,"

3 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Low bar for CB play you got over there.

Haden hasn't been good since around the time Gordon led the NFL in receiving yards.  The match up will not favor Joe. Or anyone, really.

People forget how talented this man is.

The bar couldnt have really been much lower going from starters like Cockrell and Antwon Blake to Haden.

Haden has been notably better.   He isnt anything special, but then again, he never really was...even when Browns fans were constantly putting him on a pedestal.

As far as Gordon....Haden likely wont even cover him, Burns will.   And you seem pretty excited for a guy who hasnt played a meaningful down in over 2 years and has no QB to throw to him.   Let me know if Gordon is still in the league next year.   Maybe Ill worry then.   Maybe....but probably not.

No one forgets how talented he is.    No one forgets how stupid he is either.   

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Its the Browns.  its not hard.   

If you don't even attempt to be funny with insults it just comes across as trolling. Pretty much the whole state of Pennsylvania (Steelers/Eagles fans) have been yahoo comment section trolling the Browns recently. All I ask is that you make an attempt to make it funny.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

If you don't even attempt to be funny with insults it just comes across as trolling. Pretty much the whole state of Pennsylvania (Steelers/Eagles fans) have been yahoo comment section trolling the Browns recently. All I ask is that you make an attempt to make it funny.

Funny how you didnt whine about your fellow Browns fan trolling me about Haden when all I did was suggest Gordon might be better off in a new setting....but you get triggered my tongue-in-cheek response.  Your sensitivity and bias is evident.

And I mean....as often as your sad attempts at humor go fish white and belly up....I think I am entitled to a dud, myself.   

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Funny how you didnt whine about your fellow Browns fan trolling me about Haden when all I did was suggest Gordon might be better off in a new setting....but you get triggered my tongue-in-cheek response.  Your sensitivity and bias is evident.

And I mean....as often as your sad attempts at humor go fish white and belly up....I think I am entitled to a dud, myself.   

So you were upset that someone said Haden couldn't cover Gordon? That somehow offended you? Maybe I need sensitivity training because that doesn't seem very harsh to me. If it makes you feel better there isn't anyone on the Browns that can cover AB. That isn't a shot at the Browns or their fans by the way just in case one of them reads this and is equally sensitive and gets offended.

13 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

On Wide Receiver play? More than any of us could claim to be.

I'm not really sure how to respond to this.  I like chad and everything, but i'm not about to trust some former NFL WR as a scouting savant just because he played WR in the NFL.  If that worked, you'd see NFL teams staffing their scouting departments with former NFL players.

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think there is no doubt he steps onto the field as the best playmaker on the Browns offense day 1. Sure there will be rust but it would take several layers to slow down an elite talent to the normal levels of Ricardo Louis and co. A healthy Corey Coleman would actually make it a decent offense in terms of weapons. Assuming you can get the ball to those weapons regularly.

I'm not sure if that says more about Gordon or the Browns receivers haha.  I think i mostly agree, i'm just a harder sell that a guy who's been out of the league for 3 years battling drug addictions is going to be able to perform at a top level right away.  Whether he's half a step a slower, his routes are just a little sloppy, he's slow to process the offense, etc.  A million little variables, but if he's not as sharp on a few of them, defenses will quickly take him out of the game.

I know it's hard to imagine a guy like Gordon being anything less than what we saw the last time he played.  But it happens all the time.  It happens to guys who are healthy and don't miss years of service in between games.  So i'm just really skeptical, and hopefully understandably so, that he's going to be the weapon he was previously.

I'm not trying to be hard on the guy or suggest that i'm not rooting for him.  I feel bad for the Browns and their fans, and hope Gordon can step back onto the field and play well.  He was fun to watch in 2013.  

3 hours ago, theJ said:

I'm not sure if that says more about Gordon or the Browns receivers haha.  I think i mostly agree, i'm just a harder sell that a guy who's been out of the league for 3 years battling drug addictions is going to be able to perform at a top level right away.  Whether he's half a step a slower, his routes are just a little sloppy, he's slow to process the offense, etc.  A million little variables, but if he's not as sharp on a few of them, defenses will quickly take him out of the game.

I know it's hard to imagine a guy like Gordon being anything less than what we saw the last time he played.  But it happens all the time.  It happens to guys who are healthy and don't miss years of service in between games.  So i'm just really skeptical, and hopefully understandably so, that he's going to be the weapon he was previously.

I'm not trying to be hard on the guy or suggest that i'm not rooting for him.  I feel bad for the Browns and their fans, and hope Gordon can step back onto the field and play well.  He was fun to watch in 2013.  

He isn't in football shape but he is a workout warrior. I think that is his #1 hobby and he has a lot of them. Besides drugs and alcohol he seems pretty together in what he does. I don't think he will have lost a step, he was never a great route runner and he would have occasional drops but he is a big target with huge mitts so even if he lost a step he would have a role. My biggest concern is how much does he care to be a Cleveland Brown. If he is only partially interested on the field that could be a bad thing.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:02 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Josh Gordon was handed drugs by his HS and College coaches.

A lot more than just Josh Gordon, failed Josh Gordon.

Gosh, if only he had control over his hands, he could've prevented them from throwing that garbage down his chute once twice a dozen times two dozen times

Archived