Browns WR Josh Gordon Reinstated ... Will start Sunday

bucsfan333

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's marijuana. You have to understand why people aren't sympathetic here. Moreover, Gordon doesn't read this board, so who cares? Plenty of worse things are mocked here.

I see how many people didn't watch the video or get further details with this comment and others people have made about it being "just marijuana". Gordon was doing cocaine, promethazine, marijuana and many other things. He was a full on drug addict. 

Not asking anyone to root for him because they obviously hold their positions on his situation, but time will tell this story, but I also understand why many people feel like they've heard this story before. 

1 hour ago, The Hitch said:

Its too bad you don't consider my opinion worth reading because I'm about to say this.

You are right. I didn't realize Gordon was caught Driving Under Influence. For me that is a very underrated crime and I think it should carry a prison sentence.

Up until now I thought Gordon had merely been caught privately high. Which is something I strongly believe is a victimless crime and unfair to take someone's career away for. But putting other people's lives at risk by driving when in that state is a whole other ball game.

Obviously I don't care if you are mean to an athlete. I think people should grow thicker skin on all sides of a debate. Which is why I attacked you for giving the impression by being so offended by someone saying Rams should trade for Gordon, in the first place.

I shouldn't have responded so harshly. I'm not a morning person, so I was being grouchy. My apologies on that.

However, it's pretty ridiculous to claim I'm playing the victim when I explained why this topic irritates me and why I have no sympathy for Gordon after being questioned about that.

I'm not offended by it. Rather, I'm tired of the debates happening every year after Gordon claims he's a changed man. Every year, we get the same lectures about how unkind we are to not take Gordon at his word and "root against him" because we don't believe he's changed.

I don't feel victimized. Nah, I simply am all out of sympathy for Gordon and patience for the people who buy his act hook, line, and sinker year after year.

I wish the kid luck. Hopefully, he has changed. The NFL would benefit from Gordon back at 100%. However, I'm not holding my breath, and I'm not holding back my doubts.

7 minutes ago, Jags said:

I see how many people didn't watch the video or get further details with this comment and others people have made about it being "just marijuana". Gordon was doing cocaine, promethazine, marijuana and many other things. He was a full on drug addict. 

Not asking anyone to root for him because they obviously hold their positions on his situation, but time will tell this story, but I also understand why many people feel like they've heard this story before. 

You're right. I didn't watch the video. I'm not much interested in Gordon's self-serving statements after all the others over the years. I don't want to hear he's a changed man; I want to see it.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJZk4NvYSY

You mean this? Pfft, Ill surely take that 50%, next....

It's one play.  Jerome Simpson once made a play too.

Last time we saw Gordon in the regular season in 2014, he was pretty quiet.  Had one decent game with a monster amount of targets, and didn't really dominate anyone.  I'm fine if you want to believe he's going to return to dominance.  But i'm going to believe it when i see it.  

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Last time we saw Gordon in the regular season in 2014, he was pretty quiet.  Had one decent game with a monster amount of targets, and didn't really dominate anyone.  I'm fine if you want to believe he's going to return to dominance.  But i'm going to believe it when i see it.  

Obviously....

26 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Hopefully he's finally changed, but you can put me in the skeptical camp as well.  The NFL is definitely better with Josh Gordon in it.

Now where's Blackmon?

Blackmon's never coming back. I think depression or something got the best of him. His name is rarely ever even heard of. He refuses to do interviews and seems better living his life in the shadows. Nothing wrong with that either. He's doing better out of the limelight. He's out of trouble with the law, living a small town life back home, and even held a youth football camp a few months back. He seems to have no interest in the NFL anymore

2 hours ago, theJ said:

He was being force fed the ball. Manziel/Hoyer tried to make him the whole offense and that usually doesn't work even if you are Calvin Johnson. He had a couple drops but mostly he was playing DB. Also that crappy version of 2014 Gordon was on pace for 970 yards. Our top WR is on pace for less than 600.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He was being force fed the ball. Manziel/Hoyer tried to make him the whole offense and that usually doesn't work even if you are Calvin Johnson. He had a couple drops but mostly he was playing DB. Also that crappy version of 2014 Gordon was on pace for 970 yards. Our top WR is on pace for less than 600.

What's interesting is that Hoyer played better without Gordon on the field that year. 

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah we've seen the same thing with Calvin Johnson and it's for the same reason. A #1 WR should be part of the offense not the offense.

I agree with you.  Will be interesting to see what happens if he's played this year.  Most likely it'll be a minimal role if any this year. 

No doubt the ability is still there somewhere, but there will be rust to knock off. 

Just now, theJ said:

I agree with you.  Will be interesting to see what happens if he's played this year.  Most likely it'll be a minimal role if any this year. 

No doubt the ability is still there somewhere, but there will be rust to knock off. 

I think there is no doubt he steps onto the field as the best playmaker on the Browns offense day 1. Sure there will be rust but it would take several layers to slow down an elite talent to the normal levels of Ricardo Louis and co. A healthy Corey Coleman would actually make it a decent offense in terms of weapons. Assuming you can get the ball to those weapons regularly.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think there is no doubt he steps onto the field as the best playmaker on the Browns offense day 1. Sure there will be rust but it would take several layers to slow down an elite talent to the normal levels of Ricardo Louis and co. A healthy Corey Coleman would actually make it a decent offense in terms of weapons. Assuming you can get the ball to those weapons regularly.

Possibly, but the good news is Cory Coleman returns in week 12 at the same time Gordon does and Coleman looked pretty darn good this year before he got hurt. It will be actually entertaining a offense for 5-6 weeks to cap the year with Gordon, Coleman, Duke and Njoku out there. Thats some serious explosion on the field if, like you said, anybody could just consistently get the ball in their hands.

I'm not going to make fun of the guy, but I'm not going to jump to his defense either. Some people just have addictive personalities, and many of us are reluctant to get emotionally involved in their struggles because they frequently disappoint you. It's best to just wait and see the results, and that's what I'm going to do.

Archived