GDT: Titans at Steelers

titans0021

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

another thing that I've been saying for years ...

we need speed on this offense. and we never draft/value track speed. there's no added dimension beyond being physical.

kalif raymond is no all star but it's funny that we let him walk and then completely failed to bring in anybody capable of doing what he can do

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

You can survive bad receivers with a good OL. You can at least live with a bad OL if you have playmakers. A bad OL without a single viable NFL pass catcher is impossible. Though all we had to do was run every play in the second half and we win today.

All true. 
But we can't even do that. 

Shoot, we can't even get the snap at a crucial point of the game. 

Everything and everyone in this offense is broken in some way or another.
Julio has tissue for Hamstrings.
Tanny doesn't know WTF do. Run for his life, force a pass, take a sack, throw an INT. miss a throw.
RB's hit the hole for 9 out of 10 plays then miss a home run carry.
Line takes turns sucking or just suck all together at once.
WRs don't separate, drop the ball, fumble the ball or just plain can't get on the field. 

We are literally going to blow our chance, our window at a Super Bowl because of last years horrific defense and this years putrid offense.  Maybe next year Robinson finds the balance and we make our run after he sinks a lot of resources into the offense. 

or  maybe just blow it up and start over. 

We shouldn't be taken seriously as a team. We don't deserve any defensive nicknames. And if we blow the division then we deserve that too. 

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

kalif raymond is no all star but it's funny that we let him walk and then completely failed to bring in anybody capable of doing what he can do

Marcus Johnson could have filled that role, both are 4.3 guys. But of course Marcus Johnson had to die like 3/4ths of the rest of the team.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

NWI was the only guy who got open and it just had to be short of the sticks. Though per this he should have managed better YAC.

I'm not going to blame NWI. 
9 out of 10 he lunges forward for that yard. 
But it's telling he was the only one with a chance to get open. 

NWI has made play after play. He did have a drop today but outside of that he has caught everything his direction.

Good play by Haden. 
Titans should have never been in this position. 

• Like 1

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Marcus Johnson could have filled that role, both are 4.3 guys. But of course Marcus Johnson had to die like 3/4ths of the rest of the team.

marcus johnson has literally never not been injured and began the season as a fringe guy before having a hall of fame camp or whatever, i don't think he can really be viewed as a serious deep threat replacement as much as a guy who just happened to get some snaps- and of course we didn't even really use him the way we used raymond either

I don't understand what people want Downing to do.

Against Houston and New England the offense consistently moved the ball and turned it over in opponent's territory over and over.

Today we moved the ball alright at times, but had several drives where we decided to turn it over before crossing midfield.

Downing hasn't been the problem. Really hasn't been an issue period since like week 5 or so. His start to the season was ugly, but he's been fine since. Not perfect, but not worth blaming either.

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 1

I think the fumble by Firk was the turning point. That cracked open the stupidity chest.

At this point. We need to be thinking about the healthiest way to get the divisional crown. First round bye to me just ain’t happening. 

Get in. Get one or maybe two home games. And have everybody back on offense.

Edited by twotonebluenation

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Against Houston and New England the offense consistently moved the ball and turned it over in opponent's territory over and over.

Today we moved the ball alright at times, but had several drives where we decided to turn it over before crossing midfield.

Downing hasn't been the problem. Really hasn't been an issue period since like week 5 or so. His start to the season was ugly, but he's been fine since. Not perfect, but not worth blaming either.

largely agree with this. not hyperbole at this point to say that aside from the jaguars, we have the worst offensive personnel currently taking the field in the entire league. but i do think our lack of pass catching depth and pass protection is egregious enough that henry and AJ both coming off injury likely won't be enough to fix it.

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah I'm fine with Downing actually. He is just part of the overall issue that is the crap we call offense. 

RB's miss the hole.
WRs drop or fumble the ball.
Line failure to block.
QB turns it over.

To me thats not on him.