2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not worried about the locker room. What issues have there been with him in NE or DEN? If there is anything to worry about is, he is 31 years old and corners usually slip fast once they get to that age. Now, that isn't the case for everyone and it seems like he still has good speed, but that is the only thing that would make me hesitant. 

There's the whole Crabtree thing, plus I think he was one of the people in that whole offense v defense a couple of years ago. 

I wonder if they'd be open to trading Harris. I'd pay a premium compared to talib  for a combo of Harris + Sanders (I expect him or DT to be moved)

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's the whole Crabtree thing, plus I think he was one of the people in that whole offense v defense a couple of years ago. 

I wonder if they'd be open to trading Harris. I'd pay a premium compared to talib  for a combo of Harris + Sanders (I expect him or DT to be moved)

Crabtree thing? I'd welcome that type of problem lol.

Overall, I don't see all these locker room issues that you do. May not be a saint, but nothing to really worry about either.

Again, to me it all comes down to if you think he starts to decline because of age. That's it. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Crabtree thing? I'd welcome that type of problem lol.

Overall, I don't see all these locker room issues that you do. May not be a saint, but nothing to really worry about either.

Again, to me it all comes down to if you think he starts to decline because of age. That's it. 

I don't think there's anything that would prevent me from going after him. Even his age isn't a major issue. He's still playing at a high level, so I'm not going to expect him to just drop off. He may, but I'm not going to expect it. Plus he's only got 2 years left, nothing guaranteed, and the cost will seriously only be a 7th or a swap of picks or something.

I'd still try going after Harris though first lol. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harris is on a great deal and only 28 years old so I doubt he will be made available.

But supposedly the Broncos will make a few top level players available. Maybe trying to sign Cousins? 

That's what I'm thinking. They have to shed salary if they want to try and win now with Cousins. Obviously, they could roll with a rookie, but that's far from a known quantity and they still badly need an offensive line.  Harris is a 10 million dollar hit, talib is 11 I think. It's going to cost more, but I'd pay it for Harris. I expect Sanders or DT to be out there maybe too, so give me either of those and Harris, and I'd give up a good price. They could afford Cousins, get some capital to get an offensive line, win win in my opinion lol

I mean, we tried to trade for Brady... surely we are gutsy enough to try for those two

I'm with @J-ALL-DAY here, give me talib. I don't think he's a 'locker room problem' but he is for sure a personality that you have to manage. Does the guy run his mouth? Sure, but so do a lot of other corners and WRs in the league. Look at Jalen Ramsey. He talks a lot but isn't perceived problem in the locker room. 

I'd love a little nastiness on our defense.

I would be going hard for will Fuller and turmaine Johnson as well, even if we get talib. 

Let's load up on talent like it's the last year the NFL will be in existence. Lets go all in this year and take the lead by storm en route to #6

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I just saw that, love it! People love hating on Butler but I think he'd be a great addition and right now he's hungry! 

It's a shame he still isn't very good and hasn't been for a couple of years. I'm hoping we avoid him. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's a shame he still isn't very good and hasn't been for a couple of years. I'm hoping we avoid him. 

If I’m betting on a FA CB it’d be Fuller. Amerson was just cut by the Raiders today, I wouldn’t mind taking a shot on him either in a buy low type situation. Amerson fits the mold of what we want in our CBs. If I’m being realistic, the FA CB I see our FO going after if they do make a splash is Trumaine Johnson. Johnson has the size we cover and has played some good ball.

Archived