2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Sammy Watkins and Jarvis Landry are slated to be free agents right? If the 49ers want to make a splash, they could sign either one of them. Both are talented.

Garcon and Watkins as a pair sounds particularly nice to me.

I'll pass on both. Never been enamored with Watkins...vastly overhyped and somehow still overrated in his NFL career. Barely stays healthy and when he does, he's just really not that great. I'd also be very surprised if the Rams let him go after giving up what they did for him and don't at least tag him for a year to see if it gets better. Landry is a good receiver, but pretty much does the exact same thing as all the other receivers (minus goodwin) on the roster. He doesn't win a ton of one on one battles down the field, gets most of his value in a dink and dunk fashion. 

14 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Now thats Adams is off the market i am all in on allen robinson on a 1 year deal like Alshon did. 

Him and lawrence and a corner and then draft nelson in the 1st and playoff here we come. 

We've got money. SIgn a FA guard too.

8 hours ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Since the defense is the same base Seattle runs now I'd see Ziggy as a Michael Bennett type signing.  One where there is enough talent on the line that they can't double team anyone.

But Thomas was drafted primarily to play that Bennett role. I personally don't understand the love affair for Ansah for this scheme. We need a LEO. Ansah is a good edge player but to me he's not a Leo. He's more of a power rusher. He's what Aaron Lynch could be if he were more motivated and a little more athletic. If John Lynch is a believer in Thomas and his future production than Ansah becomes redundant because his game is what I envision from Thomas in a year or two. I see Ansah as the big end in this scheme and I think he'd be great at it. But for the contract he'll demand, he needs to be a dominant edge rusher that's consistently pushing the edge, making the QB step up in the pocket and I just don't see that.

I don't really care where he  lines up if he can get to the QB. He's averaged over 8 sacks per year since he entered the league. We haven't had anyone get even 7 sacks over the past four seasons. Plus if he's giving the o-line problems it will make things easier for the other guys to get to the QB too.

With Adams re-signing with the Packers, that narrows my list down to Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, and Robinson. But I'm hearing the Packers could cut Randall Cobb as a result of Adams' new deal and I would be all over that if I were Lynch. Cobb could be a great fit for Shanny's scheme. Especially with the work he does out of the backfield.

27 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

With Adams re-signing with the Packers, that narrows my list down to Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, and Robinson. But I'm hearing the Packers could cut Randall Cobb as a result of Adams' new deal and I would be all over that if I were Lynch. Cobb could be a great fit for Shanny's scheme. Especially with the work he does out of the backfield.

Don't understand Matthews. He's a slot receiver who can't catch. May as well stick with Taylor in my opinion. Moncrief would be a decent get though, I'd like that

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't understand Matthews. He's a slot receiver who can't catch. May as well stick with Taylor in my opinion. Moncrief would be a decent get though, I'd like that

IMO, Matthews has been miscast as some slot WR. He has been inconsistent at times catching the ball but so has Moncrief. Id take a flyer on him. I think he could work very well on the outside opposite Goodwin. He does need to be better getting off press coverage as a primarily outside guy, but that's what coaching is for. He's a low risk, high reward type of signing, as I don't think his market will be what other guys are because of the supposed 'slot' WR label. I think the guy is too talented and hasn't begun scratching the surface.

Archived