2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's typical for any good player in free agency. Did Adams really warrant being paid like a top 5 WR? How about Jeffery? And same will happen with Trumaine Johnson. 

Adams I'm assuming is a projection based contract, but yeah, absolutely steep price to pay for a guy that hasn't quite hit that level yet. Jeffery's contract was a little steep, but only puts him at the bottom of the top 10. May have gotten more on the open market though, so that's a pretty solid signing by the Eagles at that point, but if you look at receiver contracts, his isn't out of whack or anything. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ziggy Ansah's back to back great games has him finishing with 12 sacks in 14 games. The Lions aren't going to let him go right? If they do, someone is going to pay him BIG bucks. 

And as Matt Barrows (or Maiocco) mentioned on twitter, who brought him in, in detroit? Martin Mayhew.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, but at this point won't the Lions just tag him worse case scenario? 

Yeah, they have a ton of space...over 50 million I think, so they aren't in trouble. They have a lot of free agents, but not that would require a bunch of money. I can't see him leaving Detroit unless they just don't like him as a player enough to justify the salary. Doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes it does...I just think that would be unlikely given how much money they have. 

If people on here are able to point at his flaws, maybe people in the Lions front office are doing it too and are unwilling to pay him the franchise tag money. The Lions are rumored to be looking at replacing Caldwell, aren't they? If there's a new coach, maybe there's personnel movement.

What a great way to end the year. What's even better is JImmy still has so much he can improve upon but he already looks great. 

Love the future of this team. Now just time to see Solomon Thomas really turn it up a notch, hit on some draft picks, get the best FA"s...get back on track for contending. 

Not that all of these guys will become available, but a FA group like Ryan Jensen, Dion Lewis, Jimmy Graham, Taylor Gabriel, Ziggy Ansah, and Morris Claiborne would be a good step forward. Emphasis on the interior OL and EDGE spots, as Shanny can probably find production from under the radar guys on the cheap

22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's a good player regardless. Ansah was banged up last year but the season prior he had a monster year.

8, 7.5, 14.5, 2 (injured ankle year), and 12 sacks.  That's a pretty darn good start to a career. Given that our sack leader is 33 and needed a sack in the last game to avoid leading the team with the lowest sack total in 35 years, and given that our second leading sack leader had a rip-roarring 3 sacks, it looks a whole lot more than pretty good to me.

* Center Daniel Kilgore won the Bobb McKittrick Award, which goes to the offensive linemen who best represents the courage, intensity and sacrifice of long-time offensive line coach McKittrick. Kilgore is scheduled to be a free agent, and he got strong votes of support Monday from quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and tackle Joe Staley.

Ugh, he's going to be back, just watch. Lynch...don't listen to guys who don't know what they are talking about with regards to football like Jimmy GQ and Joe Staley...listen to the Internet experts like us who tell you that he's not good. 

Oh, there was little doubt he was coming back. Why? Because Maiocco mentioned it a few months ago lol. That guy is damn near always money. This is why I wouldn't be surprised if Ward is the starting FS next season since he said the team believes Ward has All Pro potential.....Well, either he said it or Barrows said it. Both are respectable beat writers, but Maiocco on a level of his own obviously. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, there was little doubt he was coming back. Why? Because Maiocco mentioned it a few months ago lol. That guy is damn near always money. This is why I wouldn't be surprised if Ward is the starting FS next season since he said the team believes Ward has All Pro potential.....Well, either he said it or Barrows said it. Both are respectable beat writers, but Maiocco on a level of his own obviously. 

will he be back on that fifth year option or resigned?

Archived