2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

On 1/5/2018 at 12:56 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Its funny. I watch Carolina games a ton and I never did think he was an all pro type player. There's a lot of chatter with Trai Turner but never about Norwell.

I think that this is the first year that he really put it all together. I wouldn't count on his pass protection being this great moving forward, it was a bit of a career year in that regard, but he's always been a solid run blocker (which we may need more than pass protecting on the interior at this point), so you're probably buying high and not getting the same value, but that's okay to me. 

On 1/5/2018 at 4:51 PM, rudyZ said:

What do you mean, even curling?! Especially curling. Brad Gushue for the gold, baby! Yeah.. a guy on a forum who knows actual curlers... only in Canada, eh.

Bobsled is fun, but how about skeleton? That's insane. And hockey is probably going to be the most boring it has been in 24 years.

Ha! I said it because some would find such things boring. Not me. 

I had forgotten the NHL ban on entry in this Olympics...that is new, correct? 

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ugh, nope. Doesn't qualify as watchable to me...ever since the 6th foul, it's been lousy IMO. 

NHL? Meh.

I’m really enjoying watching my Avs this year. MacKinnon is tearing it up and they already have as many wins this year as they did last year, and we’re only half way through the year. It’s been a fun turnaround to watch.

5 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’m really enjoying watching my Avs this year. MacKinnon is tearing it up and they already have as many wins this year as they did last year, and we’re only half way through the year. It’s been a fun turnaround to watch.

And the future is bright for the Avs. That D will be totally revamped in years to come. You just got a young powerplay quarterback in Sam Girard, in that beautiful Duchene trade (from your end... ottawa got seriously screwed), and you have Connor Timmins and Cale Makar in junior, just waiting to explode. These three Ds will be good for a long time.

7 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ha! I said it because some would find such things boring. Not me. 

I had forgotten the NHL ban on entry in this Olympics...that is new, correct? 

Yeah. They were there in 2014 (won by Canada. After winning it in 2010 as well. Threepeat baby!), and probably will be there in 2022.

51 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

And the future is bright for the Avs. That D will be totally revamped in years to come. You just got a young powerplay quarterback in Sam Girard, in that beautiful Duchene trade (from your end... ottawa got seriously screwed), and you have Connor Timmins and Cale Makar in junior, just waiting to explode. These three Ds will be good for a long time.

Yeah I think they got the better end of that trade as well. You can tell Girard is young and still figuring it out, but he’s going to be a good one; his skating, hands, and vision are fantastic. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Timmins sooner than Makar, but I think once Makar makes it up to the Avs he’s going to be dominant. I still can’t believe they almost botched the deal with Zadorov this summer over half a million bucks; that dude is going to be a top line guy for years to come. Big Z is just a solid as they come if you’re asking me.

58 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah I think they got the better end of that trade as well. You can tell Girard is young and still figuring it out, but he’s going to be a good one; his skating, hands, and vision are fantastic. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Timmins sooner than Makar, but I think once Makar makes it up to the Avs he’s going to be dominant. I still can’t believe they almost botched the deal with Zadorov this summer over half a million bucks; that dude is going to be a top line guy for years to come. Big Z is just a solid as they come if you’re asking me.

I didn't know Timmins much before the world juniors, but last week, he really opened my eyes. So solid, so calm, he looked like a pro among... juniors... I know Dahlin was named the best defenseman of the tourney, but really, Timmins was perhaps the best player overall. He did have a slower start, perhaps. But by the end, he was as dominant a two-way D-man as there was in the tournament. He wasn't the flashy type going end to end on a speed rush, but he did everything you could ask of him. Very Duncan Keith-esque. And Makar, surely not the surest D in his zone, but once he's in transition or on the powerplay, that guy is dynamic. Those two are sure-fire NHLers.

Archived