2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

17 hours ago, big9erfan said:

I don't really care where he  lines up if he can get to the QB. He's averaged over 8 sacks per year since he entered the league. We haven't had anyone get even 7 sacks over the past four seasons. Plus if he's giving the o-line problems it will make things easier for the other guys to get to the QB too.

I just read the saddest stat in the paper this morning.  If Dumervil doesn't get another sack today and no one else gets enough to surpass him then his total sacks for the year will be the lowest by any 49er in 35 years.

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, Lewis is really good but I think the Pats bring him back. 

Yeah, Pats love Lewis. I don't see him leaving. Would love to have him though.

Seems like Panther fans think it's going to be down to Norwell or Star for the contract and they think Star is going to get it. Norwell would be a great pickup, he's a borderline top 5 guard in the league. Sign Richburg/Jensen  and Norwell....Draft Barkley...OH BOY

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, Pats love Lewis. I don't see him leaving. Would love to have him though.

Seems like Panther fans think it's going to be down to Norwell or Star for the contract and they think Star is going to get it. Norwell would be a great pickup, he's a borderline top 5 guard in the league. Sign Richburg/Jensen  and Norwell....Draft Barkley...OH BOY

I like Richburg, but if we are going to sign him, we need to sign another center or draft someone. Dude can't stay healthy. I'm actually wondering if he retires - he had a concussion in week 4 this year and hasn't played since. That has to be concerning for him. 

2 hours ago, big9erfan said:

I just read the saddest stat in the paper this morning.  If Dumervil doesn't get another sack today and no one else gets enough to surpass him then his total sacks for the year will be the lowest by any 49er in 35 years.

I remember the sinking feeling at one point in the season that 0-16 was starting to look like a real possibility.  But, this actually hits harder for me.  You don't get good draft position for a stat like that.  lol

5 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I remember the sinking feeling at one point in the season that 0-16 was starting to look like a real possibility.  But, this actually hits harder for me.  You don't get good draft position for a stat like that.  lol

It just supports what we've been ssaying for a couple of years now. We need an explosive edge rusher with closing speed. We've had guys like Dumervil and Lynch who have skills, but really just don't have that closing speed, don't bring that pass rush threat on the outside that forces them to use an extra blocker. All they have to do is force the pass rush wide, and they're clear.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

It just supports what we've been ssaying for a couple of years now. We need an explosive edge rusher with closing speed. We've had guys like Dumervil and Lynch who have skills, but really just don't have that closing speed, don't bring that pass rush threat on the outside that forces them to use an extra blocker. All they have to do is force the pass rush wide, and they're clear.

Yeah, Buckner and Thomas have shown they can collapse pockets, but we need someone who can turn the corner fast and either get to the QB or force them into the Arms of Buck and Thomas. 

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, Buckner and Thomas have shown they can collapse pockets, but we need someone who can turn the corner fast and either get to the QB or force them into the Arms of Buck and Thomas. 

Wish there was a "can't miss" guy like that in this draft. Probably a few years down the road we'll find out there is a stud pass rusher in this class.  I just don't know now who that might be.

56 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Yeah, and that's why the Aldon Smith troubles was such a disappointment for me.  If anyone remembers, I was probably the harshest on him here, but that's only because of the potential I saw in him.  A guy like that is not someone you can pick up any time you want in the draft.  Or, even free agency.  It's a top 3 position to many teams.  

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ziggy Ansah's back to back great games has him finishing with 12 sacks in 14 games. The Lions aren't going to let him go right? If they do, someone is going to pay him BIG bucks. 

It's like the ultimate contract year play lol. End up with great stats, but you end up with them on the strength of two great, meaningless games against bad teams. Somebody will definitely pay him. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's like the ultimate contract year play lol. End up with great stats, but you end up with them on the strength of two great, meaningless games against bad teams. Somebody will definitely pay him. 

He's a good player regardless. Ansah was banged up last year but the season prior he had a monster year.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's a good player regardless. Ansah was banged up last year but the season prior he had a monster year.

Sure, but I agree with you in that someone is going to really, really pay him big bucks...and I just don't think he's that good. If he hits the market, I think he ends up as one of the highest paid rushers in the league, and I just don't think he's good enough to warrant that kind of contract. 

Archived