Week 16: Browns @ Packers on Christmas Day - POSTGAME: Packers WIN 24-22! Improve to 12-3!

FAH1223

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

scary thing for GB is they are winning a lot of 1 score games and that will eventually regress to the mean.   hope it is not this year, but the current record in 1 score games likely doesn't last

We spoke to the football gods after last season and traded our redzone success for game success... It's going to come up big again. I feel it! 

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

I get the frustrations, trust me. Especially special teams. We have ignored it for years and it's annoying. I just think this team has accomplished a lot with a lot going against them. Teams are having these games. It's a slug fest, its what makes the NFL so much fun, even when frustrating. I can't remember what poster pointed it out, but it's two weeks in a row without a blow to the gut injury. Bak, and Alexander are practicing... There is a lot of positives. :). 

What happened to our Run D?

We are able to stop lot of run heavy teams earlier in the season and it looks sharp.. 

Suddenly we are going downhill since Rashan Gary injury. Looks like we are not able to defend some plays now which we were defending them very well starting of the year. 

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

Campbell got a bit slowed down as the year progressed?. I can think of that as one issue..

Yeah, Campbell had a rough day today.

Generally speaking, the Packers defense has lost some physicality and have resorted to arm-tackling and poor gap control.  DB’s playing off the receivers when they have safety support over the top - challenge those receivers at the line!

The D just looks slow and not very physical.

8 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

We are able to stop lot of run heavy teams earlier in the season and it looks sharp.. 

Suddenly we are going downhill since Rashan Gary injury. Looks like we are not able to defend some plays now which we were defending them very well starting of the year. 

I don't know if anything really happened, or it was a bad outing. I would still say Chubb is the best back we faced all year. Dude is sick. Then there was the cook... I don't know. I think we just faced two real physical teams and still got the job done. Just because they played spotty the last two games doesn't mean they will all season. The key right now is to stay healthy and get people back. On top of course winning out. 

Edited by Toddfather

14 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Hypothetical question:  Would you want Baker Mayfield or Jordan Love quarterbacking your team?

Jordan Love only because he's an unknown still. We know what Baker is and it is QB purgatory. Real interested in what the Browns do there regarding him and his contract. Think he's a FA after 2022, but he clearly hasn't shown to be good enough to want to build around him as your franchise QB(on a more expensive contract)....but Cleveland's QB history has been so dreadful for so long that they might just be worried about going back down that road again. It's a tough decision for them to make

40 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Who's our defensive leader?....What defensive equivalent to AR, is taking it upon themselves the job of holding those around him culpable for their play?....Not necessarily talking about butt chewing, but somebody who sets the tone for those around him?....Reggie White and Charles Woodsen were good examples of this type of leadership....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Who's our defensive leader?....What defensive equivalent to AR, is taking it upon themselves the job of holding those around him culpable for their play?....Not necessarily talking about butt chewing, but somebody who sets the tone for those around him?....Reggie White and Charles Woodsen were good examples of this type of leadership....

Probably Amos even though he is less physically gifted than those guys by a few leagues.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Hypothetical question:  Would you want Baker Mayfield or Jordan Love quarterbacking your team?

Love, because while I know Rodgers is a HUGE part of our success, I really like ML. I feel like he would really help Love. Even if the KC game wasn't great. I'll take the dude sitting behind 12 being groomed in a success franchise. 

4 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I think the previous two years Z Smith provided strong leadership on the field.  He can and should be doing this from the bench, but maybe not as effectively as being out in the trenches.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I think the previous two years Z Smith provided strong leadership on the field.  He can and should be doing this from the bench, but maybe not as effectively as being out in the trenches.

I was thinking somebody like Jaire Alexander would be a good candidate.....As for doing it from the bench, I would say it's not quite as effective.....Although Kevin Greene had a way of motivating.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I think you are both correct @Sasquatch and @40Year Pack Fan... That is why my theme is "Stay healthy, and get heathy"... We have had success when I feel a lot of other teams would falter... That said, getting some really important key players will only make this squad better. It's coming... 

NFcy1lkHUOMkd3HQqkCsdm1TsE96UUN_8vTLmfvR

Love your eternal optimism Toddfather.  Not sure how you do it, but it’s admirable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Love your eternal optimism Toddfather.  Not sure how you do it, but it’s admirable.

I just like thinking long term. No insult to anyone on this board. I love this board and the posters. Hell, a lot of times I agree with what many are saying in the moment. However that's just what it is... a moment... To me personally this team has me excited for the first time since 2014. Like as in legit I believe it's going to happen. They have faced adversity. They have won with players we never even thought would see the field, let alone be on our team during the season. They have a positive vibe. I feel ML is really in touch with this team, and I do believe there are legit leaders. People like Big Dog. I just think the pieces we are missing are currently getting healthy and are going to contribute to an amazing run. With all the negatives on the field tonight, we still won the game. We still have the goal in view. That number one seed... Most importantly, when we have needed a play we have created one. This league is tough, and I love seeing this team win multiple ways. I feel good about this squad. Go Pack Go! 

• Like 3