Covid Bowl 2021 I: Las Vegas Raiders 6-7 @ Cleveland Browns 7-6 GDT - Game Start @ Dec. 20 5 PM ET

Broncofan

Who wins here?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this afternoon?

• Raiders
    • Browns
    • Omicron
    • The fans who get to watch football on Monday afternoon

Just now, MWil23 said:

All three defensive ends and both starting DT were hurt or had Covid. Easy to say in hindsight.

I'd say that's an even better reason to drop more into coverage, cause your pass rush is relying on blitzers rather than pass rushers.

That said, I'm not technically an NFL Coach so I'm armchairing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

All three defensive ends and both starting DT were hurt or had Covid. Easy to say in hindsight.

I understand that, but they weren’t really getting to Carr regardless. It was a waste and overly aggressive gamble in my opinion. I didn’t like it as soon as I saw the blitz. 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I'd say that's an even better reason to drop more into coverage, cause your pass rush is relying on blitzers rather than pass rushers.

That said, I'm not technically an NFL Coach so I'm armchairing. 

My biggest gripe was actually them not throwing off of play action on 3rd and 3 to ice the game. First down there game over. You’re only up 1 and a field goal beats you anyway if you’re stopped

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

My biggest gripe was actually them not throwing off of play action on 3rd and 3 to ice the game. First down there game over. You’re only up 1 and a field goal beats you anyway if you’re stopped

Agree with this. That game should have been over after Carr’s pick.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I only caught the final raiders drive, sp I'll take your word... but it seemed like clevelands scheme was giving up chunk yards underneath in order to apply pressure. Not what I personally want my defense doing if the opponent only needs a FG, but like I said i just yell at a screen from my office chair, i dont know anything.

• Like 1

Carlson is now my favorite kicker outside of Tucker.   Huge swing with LV +180 ML taken before the Covid news hit. 

Having said that, the Raiders were VERY fortunate to have won - they had a 10-0 lead into halftime, and then they made mistake after mistake to keep CLE in the game.   Dropped pass by D-Jax that likely gets them into midfield, going away from Josh Jacobs and somehow trusting Peyton Barber with key runs that fail, and of course, the 2 Carr TO's (since when teams go +2 in TO differential, they win 85% of the games).

CLE played their hearts out - and yeah, that was a terrible last 2:30 for CLE.     Still, the Raiders won on the road, and they showed character after their late collapse.  Given which side I backed I'll take it lol.

I think Houston has a better offense than us.

You can’t realistically expect playoffs when you have bad QB play + bad WR / TE play + and inconsistent at best offensive line play.

Is Baker part of the problem?

1. Yes, but his WRs are FCS college football level outside of DPJ occasionally doing something and Jarvis Landry is done here. Our top WR this year has under 500 yards receiving.

2. Our run game has been inconsistent all year. Chubb does some Herculean crap once in awhile, but it’s just him. Hunt has had some excuse to not play in half of his games.

3. Our offensive line has not lived up to its billing. Other than Joel Bitonio, every offensive linemen has struggled at some point. Even Wyatt Teller had a couple of bad games. Jedrick Wills looks like a bust to me. JC Tretter has been average at best.