Covid Bowl 2021 I: Las Vegas Raiders 6-7 @ Cleveland Browns 7-6 GDT - Game Start @ Dec. 20 5 PM ET

Broncofan

Who wins here?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this afternoon?

• Raiders
    • Browns
    • Omicron
    • The fans who get to watch football on Monday afternoon

Well, by waiting 2 more days, so far the tally:

-Malik Mcdowell tested negative on Saturday, so he would have been cleared under the new policy

-G Wyatt Teller apparently has tested negative, so as long as he doesn't test positive tomorrow (yes that can happen), he's back.   That's a big boost.

-Unfortunately, T James Hurst, who was already replacing Jack Conklin at RT, is out (along with LT Jedrick Wills).   

-More Browns could in theory test negative tomorrow and get cleared to play, but the average time to a negative 1st test is 6 days, so most CLE players placed on protocol won't clear.   Still, guys like Wills, Jarvis Landry & Baker Mayfield are at the 5-6 day mark, so it's possible.   Big news dump by 330 PM ET tomorrow

Interestingly, the weather was set to be absolutely miserable on Saturday night, but now it's a sunny day, with 10-12 MPH winds.   

We're still gonna be missing a ton of players, and we were already playing lousy football. I'll be shocked if the Raiders lose. Not saying it'll be a blow out, but I just don't see us coming out with a W despite us desperately needing this win.

Waiting 2 days got G Wyatt Teller back - but it lost RT James Hurst.   And turns out McDowell didn’t get cleared.  Teller helps the IOL but losing both T vs. the Raiders’ EDGEs that’s a big problem.  

The only plausible path to victory for CLE I see: 

-Get the lead

-Lean on run game 

-Get TO / negative plays from the LV O when they pass.   Garrett / Ward need to be heroic on an epic scale.  

If the Browns can be 2+ in TO’s they have a shot.  Because every dog has a shot in that scenario.   But if CLE can’t run the ball and has to rely on Mullens vs the LV pass rush, and LV O can lean on the run game with a lead….yeah, big problem.   And as the game wears on if the CLE O can’t stay on the field the risk of the D wearing down is massive.  

It’s never impossible.  There’s a path.  But it’s a narrow and long one.  

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I need the Raiders to win, BUT I also need Josh Jacobs to do nothing AND Nick Chubb to have like a million points.

So you need a shootout with the Browns run D showing up when they have 2 of their Front 7 active tonight?

LOL