Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

9 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

I'm happy the implication of my comment is clear enough 

I don’t see Byron disappearing. If he’s saddled long term with Trask or Gabbert, then sure. No OC is having success with that.

He had a top 3 scoring offense with Jameis under center. He’s been viewed as a bright up and coming offensive mind for a while now.

Phil Mackey from SKOR North said that he doesn't have any report today, but that Harbaugh was "highly interested" in the Vikings job heading into the weekend. 

Harbaugh does have former ties to the Vikings' new GM from their days in San Francisco, so there's that.

Edited by Uncle Buck

28 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Phil Mackey from SKOR North said that he doesn't have any report today, but that Harbaugh was "highly interested" in the Vikings job heading into the weekend. 

Harbaugh does have former ties to the Vikings' new GM from their days in San Francisco, so there's that.

I'm truly surprised he has that kind of interest in Minnesota

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm truly surprised he has that kind of interest in Minnesota

That's about all I've heard regarding Harbaugh's interest, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mackey has some decent contacts anyway.  Minnesota would be a decent place to go if he thought they could extend Cousins and get a couple more years out of their current roster.  They have good owners, new stadium, etc.  It's one of the better landing spots.

I haven't followed Bienemy news much...I am curios to hear why this dude hasn't gotten a HC opportunity yet...I feel like it has less to do with him being a minority coach as we have seen some other minority coaches with a lesser resume (lesser than being OC for 4 years under Mahomes, Reid) getting coaching opportunity.

This is a league where teams hire an OC of any offense that's tearing up the league..sometimes even QB coaches of such offense get a HC opportunity but this dude has had multiple interviews and still hasn't gotten a HC opportunity....is this dude like the worst interviewer ever or does he have some skeletons in his closet? 

2 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

I haven't followed Bienemy news much...I am curios to hear why this dude hasn't gotten a HC opportunity yet...I feel like it has less to do with him being a minority coach as we have seen some other minority coaches with a lesser resume (lesser than being OC for 4 years under Mahomes, Reid) getting coaching opportunity.

This is a league where teams hire an OC of any offense that's tearing up the league..sometimes even QB coaches of such offense get a HC opportunity but this dude has had multiple interviews and still hasn't gotten a HC opportunity....is this dude like the worst interviewer ever or does he have some skeletons in his closet? 

He has a history of a lot of small incidents dating back to his time at CU. Also some more serious allegations regarding assault of a woman, arrested for a DUI, linked to sex/drugs being used to entice players to CU as an assistant coach.

I would imagine it is a combo of those things plus not interviewing well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yup, especially after nearly seven years of it simply not working...

I have some optimism about the hire after initially hating it, tbh. McDaniels was 33 when he took the Broncos job, he's 45 now and has had a ton more time around BB. The fact that he turned down the Colts job and reportedly likes Carr also implies that he thinks he can win here immediately. 

• Like 1