Week 16: Rams (9-4) at VIKINGS (7-7)

swede700

14 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems too many are obsessed with prototypical size, but size isn’t everything.

It’s not about being obsessed with size, it’s recognizing that size plays a factor more often than not. Donald was not a complete player coming out of Pittsburgh. He struggled against the run. He struggled against big bodied o-linemen. Questions about his ability to be an every down player were warranted.

It’s easy to point out the very few outliers who’ve succeeded despite their size. But the sizable group of players who’ve struggled because of their size is mostly forgotten. 

On 12/28/2021 at 12:36 AM, ArcticNorseman said:

Do you remember that draft?    Zimmer's 1st.   Donald was a relative unknown through the college season and then came Shrine week, a short-notice invite to the Senior Bowl and then the Combine.    He passed every test, except being 6' 1" and about 280.  Yes, to me, he had John Randle written all over him.   His quicks and strength were already heads and shoulders above guys rated higher.   But by this time Everyone knew the John Randle story, and now he's in the HOF.  Needless to say, Donald's climb up draft boards was meteoric.  

Gimme crap all ya want.   I said back then Donald would be better than Barr.   I liked Barr, but didn't study him as much as Donald during the draft.   I thought Donald would be a stud, even dominating.  Was I wrong?  

Just like everyone in our forums, I've missed on plenty of other draft prospects and Vikings picks.

As a Pitt fan, the hype of him being the next John Randle was there in 2014. He was so much fun to watch in college.

Had we passed on Sharriff Floyd in 2013, I think we would have taken Donald.

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Kirk has tested positive for COVID and is out Sunday night. 

Didn’t see that coming. lol. 

Vax status is irrelevant here. Doesn’t matter if you have the shot or not you can test positive and the vax isnt stopping the spread. Given the proximity to the game, he’d be out of luck regardless. 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 11:36 PM, ArcticNorseman said:

Do you remember that draft?    Zimmer's 1st.   Donald was a relative unknown through the college season and then came Shrine week, a short-notice invite to the Senior Bowl and then the Combine.    He passed every test, except being 6' 1" and about 280.  Yes, to me, he had John Randle written all over him.   His quicks and strength were already heads and shoulders above guys rated higher.   But by this time Everyone knew the John Randle story, and now he's in the HOF.  Needless to say, Donald's climb up draft boards was meteoric.  

FWIW, Donald wasn't a nobody during the CFB season.  He had 2 years of great production and an amazing senior season that's probably only second to Ndamukong Suh in the last 20 years even if his production was better then Suh's.  The major knock was his frame.  He was short and light, which isn't ideal for a DT in the NFL.