Week 16: Rams (9-4) at VIKINGS (7-7)

swede700

Game 15

When:  1:00 PM EST December 26th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN, Sirius XM (Radio)

Announcers: Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Shannon Spake

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2021/16-FOX.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: FB CJ Ham (hamstring), WR Adam Thielen (ankle), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Rams - Questionable: OT Greg Gaines (ankle), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

We pretty much have to win out to keep the #7 seed (inb4 "well technically we could xyz and still be in!"). We have to win out. Its not debatable.

This game at home helps, but LA is an extremely talented team going for the top spot in the NFCW. Lots of motivation for both teams.

I hope we play our hearts out these next few weeks and see where we go from there.

Skol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

We pretty much have to win out to keep the #7 seed (inb4 "well technically we could xyz and still be in!"). We have to win out. Its not debatable.

This game at home helps, but LA is an extremely talented team going for the top spot in the NFCW. Lots of motivation for both teams.

I hope we play our hearts out these next few weeks and see where we go from there.

Skol!

I wouldn't say we need to win out, we may need to win out, but I think 9 wins gives us a reasonable shot. It's definitely debatable. If everyone (Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Us) goes 2-1, we're in.

Edited by Worm Guts

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

And for the first time on any injury report in 8 years.  Crazy.  

Pretty amazing considering he’s often criticized for lack of pocket awareness, which one would think would lead to more hits and injuries. He’s resilient, have to give him credit for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Pretty amazing considering he’s often criticized for lack of pocket awareness, which one would think would lead to more hits and injuries. He’s resilient, have to give him credit for that.

It's more due to checkdown tosses made too early to see where (which receiver more downfield) to make the proper throw, but it keeps him mostly free of a large portion of injury risk.  But, I'm sure he'll play vs. The Rams, even if he has to wear a flak jacket.  Even HE doesn't want to sit out and let playing Mannion end The Vikings' playoff chances.

10 hours ago, Robb_K said:

It's more due to checkdown tosses made too early to see where (which receiver more downfield) to make the proper throw, but it keeps him mostly free of a large portion of injury risk.

Seriously? Would it kill you to give the guy a little credit for staying healthy?

If Cousins hadn't sat against the Bears in week 17 two years ago his consecutive starts streak would be at 110-111 games, tied for 11th all time at QB spot.

• Like 3