Week 16: Rams (9-4) at VIKINGS (7-7)

swede700

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Well the Vikings should’ve beat down the Steelers if it wasn’t for them just collapsing at some point in the 3rd quarter throughout the rest of the game to literally hanging on for the win barely. 

I mean I can’t imagine the stress having to deal week after week watching your team play one score games. Entertaining yes but I’m sure as a fan it’s stressful.

Think of it this way,  we don't need to go to the gym to get our cardio in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

He should be eligible to come back for the next game right? 

our pea brain running back is unvaccinated so he will miss the Rams and Packers games.

In the NFL you don't pay running backs especially mouth breathing anti vaxers 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, viking said:

our pea brain running back is unvaccinated so he will miss the Rams and Packers games.

It is better to miss a game, which happened to vaccinated players too btw, than it is to suffer some of the adverse effects from the shots that end careers. I am glad that he wasn't willing to risk that for the sake to the dangerous experimental gene therapy injection.

375 Athlete Cardiac Arrests, Serious Issues, 214 Dead, After COVID Shot 

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

Everything is a risk, but for a young healthy athlete he took the less risky side of the equation. He should be congratulated for being able to discern which side of the equation that was. He's a smart RB.

Edited by Cearbhall

20 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Well the Vikings should’ve beat down the Steelers if it wasn’t for them just collapsing at some point in the 3rd quarter throughout the rest of the game to literally hanging on for the win barely. 

I mean I can’t imagine the stress having to deal week after week watching your team play one score games. Entertaining yes but I’m sure as a fan it’s stressful.

I'm 29 going on 59 after this season lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, viking said:

Being unvaccinated does not make you a "pea brain", especially if you're allergic to it. That's the sort of low quality takes you see on big social media, not here. I say that as someone who is vaccinated. That's all I'll say and don't want to divert the thread any further.

I hope Cook gets better soon and can help our team in any way that he can.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

It is better to miss a game, which happened to vaccinated players too btw, than it is to suffer some of the adverse effects from the shots that end careers. I am glad that he wasn't willing to risk that for the sake to the dangerous experimental gene therapy injection.

375 Athlete Cardiac Arrests, Serious Issues, 214 Dead, After COVID Shot 

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

Everything is a risk, but for a young healthy athlete he took the less risky side of the equation. He should be congratulated for being able to discern which side of the equation that was. He's a smart RB.

It literally took 30 seconds on Google to find this is BS. 

Even just thinking critically about these claims, if 94.6% of the NFL is vaccinated, then one would expect that at least one player would have developed these issues or died. Has not happened. 

The death of expertise is a sad, sad thing to watch.

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Being unvaccinated does not make you a "pea brain", especially if you're allergic to it. That's the sort of low quality takes you see on big social media, not here. I say that as someone who is vaccinated. That's all I'll say and don't want to divert the thread any further.

I hope Cook gets better soon and can help our team in any way that he can.

Give it a few months and we will have moved past vaccination statuses. Onto the booster shots! With many of these players being held out, including Cook, is he actually sick? If so, get better. If not, the NFL needs to rethink some things this offseason. If you’re vaccinated, your hospitalization rate is low. If you’re 20-39 years old, your hospitalization rate is also really low. Especially if you actually take care of yourself and your health regularly.

Edited by vikingsrule

The twisting and turning of political topics through social media has definitely affected a sport we love to watch, and only a few blessed are able to play at the level of D-1 college and the NFL.  It's a very disheartening, possibly dangerous, time for us all.

As for the Rams-Vikes game, Without Patterson in attendance, I guess we'll get to see if the Zimmers can scheme and stop the Rams . . . I feel like Patterson's a voice of reason to the D-linemen when the DBs have a penalty that keeps them on the field, when they should've got off the field on a 3rd down passing play.  I think the Vikes are in the top 3 of giving up a 1st down when the opponent passes on 3rd down?  In any case, I expect the Rams to run the ball . . . they'll want to control the clock and keep the Vikes offense at bay.  They'll want to wear down the D, knowing full-well that the last 4 minutes of each have are a free-for-all points-wise for them.

For the Vikes O, they need to protect Cousins -- not just from Aaron Donald -- but the blitz.  I think the O-line needs to make call adjustments better, so maybe having Cole at C solves that problem a bit?  Bradbury's good, especially when the play calls for him to play in space on a stretch or screen, but when it comes to close quarters combat, the guy only wins 30-50% of the time.  That's too many one-on-ones he's losing.   I'm excited to see Kene get a few touches -- I swear, to me, when he runs . . . it looks like the scenes out of Forrest Gump where everybody else is standing still.  Definitely reminiscent of Patterson in that regard, but he seems faster?   JJ and the WR Corps (hopefully including Theilen) need to flat-out dominate and crush the Rams will.  Even then, that team will hang around and find a way to make it gut-wrenching for both fan bases.

Reason being, the Vikes D allows it.  So, I don't anticipate the Rams will be out of the game, ever.  I only hope the Vikes don't have to claw their way back into it in the 4th quarter, only to come up short . . . but, I'm used to that too. 

Ooops . . . hadn't heard Mason Cole was moved to IR.

Edited by ArcticNorseman
  • Like 1

Mason Cole isn't great, but he's definitely better than Oli at this point.

Honestly, if I were the Vikings, I'd consider running a two-back set on nearly every play with Ham's duty being to help out with Aaron Donald. Against Bradbury and Udoh/Dozier, Donald could single-handedly win this game for the Rams if the Vikings don't disrupt him. 

• Like 1