Week 16: Rams (9-4) at VIKINGS (7-7)

swede700

An ankle injury has limited Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen to six snaps since Week 12, but he is steadily moving closer to returning to the lineup. Thielen worked out on the field before Monday night’s win over the Bears and he took part in practice on Wednesday for the first time since getting hurt. Working as a limited participant leaves Thielen feeling like he can find a path to playing against the Rams this weekend. 

Thielen: “Excited about this week and being able to get out here and move around. I wasn’t able to do that at all last week. It’ll be nice to be able to move around a little bit and get a good plan to try to play on Sunday.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/23/adam-thielen-excited-about-having-a-chance-to-play-this-week/

The Vikings are getting a key offensive role player back for Sunday’s game against the Rams. Minnesota announced on Wednesday that running back Alexander Mattison has been activated off of the reserve/COVID-19 list.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/22/vikings-activate-alexander-mattison-off-covid-19-list/

Edited by vike daddy

30 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its hard to believe they only have two more wins than we do.

They do play in the best division though, 3 teams will be going to the playoffs. And we’re 2 plays from having the same record as them. Clicking at the right time is all that matters at the end of the day and I don’t know what to think of this team based on how the last three games have gone. 

• Like 2

What's up Vikings fans??

Man we have some history. I'm too young to have watched in the 70s but my dad talks about it quite a bit.

Rams last won in Minnesota in 2006 - but before that......not since 1978(!).

Feels like we're fortunate to be playing a team that played Monday since we played Tuesday. Both short weeks, possibly made shorter by Christmas (I know McVay plans to give the players some time off).

Never could muster up any dislike for the Vikings myself, seem to find myself rooting for them more often than not. I think Cousins is underrated. Has some bonehead moments but overall a good QB. Defense is confusing this year....first in sacks and looks good at times, other times gets shredded.

Our offense is kind of like that too - looks amazing at times, other times it looks horrific. Raheem Morris has come in and mostly wrecked our defense. It's been getting better of late, but not very confident in that unit.

I think this is a true toss up game, as both QBs are capable of playing terribly it dropping 300 yards and 3 TDs.

Leaning toward the Rams losing which would be really unfortunate - to pass the Cardinals we need this game.

Always like watching the Vikings play, so here's to a good game even though one of us will be devastated afterward. A loss for us likely means wildcard while a loss for y'all - and staring at a trip to Lambeau - probably means a losing record and missing the playoffs.

Looks like Thielen will be back and all starters for us back from the COVID list.

Oh and also....**** the Saints and their fans. The no call was bad - but they still took the lead, then got the ball in OT. That they can ***** about that call but defend what happened to y'all in the NFCCG is flat out crazy.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I think this is a true toss up game, as both QBs are capable of playing terribly it dropping 300 yards and 3 td;s.

Always like watching the Vikings play, so here's to a good game even though one of us will be devastated afterward. A loss for us likely means wildcard while a loss for y'all - and staring at a trip to Lambeau - probably means a losing record and missing the playoffs.

Oh and also....**** the Saints and their fans. The no call was bad - but they still took the lead, then got the ball in OT. That they can ***** about that call but defend what happened to y'all in the NFCCG is flat out crazy.

this guy gets cookies.

18 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I mean, in all honesty…. The offense kinda does fine without Cook. 

Alexander Mattison, who was activated off the Reserve/COVID-19 list Wednesday, is now in line to start against the Rams on Sunday. The Vikings also have fullback C.J. Ham and running backs Kene Nwangwu and Wayne Gallman on the active roster.

https://www.vikings.com/news/dalvin-cook-covid-19-reserve-list?fbclid=IwAR095fjNAM1wzXgzkQP3DjeIqpyH7bI5CQiIVKUM_qL6Us7tVd7YQ_RIYNY

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

is having Mattison and Thielen (possibly) back larger than the loss of Cook...?

I personally say no. Why? Cook is one of the best backs in the NFL. He is one of the better players in the NFL. If he wasnt then the Vikings wouldnt have paid him the type of money they did. His talent is such that he can hurt his shoulder a two games later still rush for over 200yds. 

Now I do think this game is a toss up. In theory the Vikings really should win this game. They are talented, they just cant finish games. If they could finish games they would have the exact same record as the Rams if not better. They are at home and the Rams have to play an early game on a short week. I know the Vikings are also on a short week too but they at least have one extra day than the Rams. Also too Cousins typically thrives in games like this. Early games where there is no spotlight light or prime time focusing on him. He could throw for 300yds and 3tds in this game. This game could be literally a shootout although again the loss of Cook is going to be felt. Maybe not by statistics but just certain moments in the game where if he was there he couldve made the biggest impact. 

On the other hand, I do think especially if the Cards lose on Saturday, the Rams have to come in extra motivated to win knowing that they could end up in sole 1st place in the NFCW. It would be heartbreaking if the Cards lose and the division lead is right there for the Rams to take on Sunday and they lose and nothing changes. So I think McVay is going to have his team ready like he mainly do and more players like Higbee, Fuller, and others are starting to come off the Covid list. That should be a big boost for the Rams. 

I wont be shocked if the Rams lost this game bc again in theory the Vikings should win this game. Id be shocked if the Rams got beat down in this game. Good luck this Sunday. If this game will anything like that TNF game in 2018 then its going to be a great one. 

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Believe me, we'd all be right there with you.

Well the Vikings should’ve beat down the Steelers if it wasn’t for them just collapsing at some point in the 3rd quarter throughout the rest of the game to literally hanging on for the win barely. 

I mean I can’t imagine the stress having to deal week after week watching your team play one score games. Entertaining yes but I’m sure as a fan it’s stressful.

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I mean, in all honesty…. The offense kinda does fine without Cook. 

Agreed. Too committed to running the ball with him in there. Looking forward to seeing that Mattison and Nwangwu duo and what there potential could be on hopefully a more pass oriented offense. Hopefully Thielen will be ready.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Well the Vikings should’ve beat down the Steelers if it wasn’t for them just collapsing at some point in the 3rd quarter throughout the rest of the game to literally hanging on for the win barely. 

I mean I can’t imagine the stress having to deal week after week watching your team play one score games. Entertaining yes but I’m sure as a fan it’s stressful.

It’s been a roller coaster of a season. Even last week the Bears were gifted time to make it a one score game at the end of it. 

• Like 1