Week 16: Rams (9-4) at VIKINGS (7-7)

swede700

8 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Mason Cole isn't great, but he's definitely better than Oli at this point.

Honestly, if I were the Vikings, I'd consider running a two-back set on nearly every play with Ham's duty being to help out with Aaron Donald. Against Bradbury and Udoh/Dozier, Donald could single-handedly win this game for the Rams if the Vikings don't disrupt him. 

I’d assume playing in shotgun the entire game with a RB on each side of Cousins could work. I feel like trying to mostly run things under center against Donald might just end up in disaster. 

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

The article I referenced is more believable than the "fact check" you mention here. The article cites sources. Meanwhile, the "fact check" is either debunking something that was not said in the article or providing no evidence that what was said in the article is wrong. A "fact checker" that doesn't see evidence someone was inoculated is not evidence that they were not jabbed. I find it more likely that the "fact checker" is wrong than the writers of the article. "Fact checkers" have a terrible track record; anyone that believes them does so at their own detriment.

46 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

The article I referenced is more believable than the "fact check" you mention here. The article cites sources. Meanwhile, the "fact check" is either debunking something that was not said in the article or providing no evidence that what was said in the article is wrong. A "fact checker" that doesn't see evidence someone was inoculated is not evidence that they were not jabbed. I find it more likely that the "fact checker" is wrong than the writers of the article. "Fact checkers" have a terrible track record; anyone that believes them does so at their own detriment.

I'm not going to respond any further other than to say, is that the "fact-checker", which is a respected, proven reputable site, provides extensive amount of sources...all you have to do is look at the bottom, which is the proper way to cite references, not a list of people and links to articles without any context behind it.  That's not journalism.  That's reckless speculation.  And if they were legitimate and serious, they wouldn't hide behind a cloak of anonymity.  They would stand behind their words, as does Penn, which is the publisher of the FactCheck.org website.  They risk their credibility by publishing anything false, that website you provided risks nothing.

9 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

It is better to miss a game, which happened to vaccinated players too btw, than it is to suffer some of the adverse effects from the shots that end careers. I am glad that he wasn't willing to risk that for the sake to the dangerous experimental gene therapy injection.

375 Athlete Cardiac Arrests, Serious Issues, 214 Dead, After COVID Shot 

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-die-after-covid-shot/

Everything is a risk, but for a young healthy athlete he took the less risky side of the equation. He should be congratulated for being able to discern which side of the equation that was. He's a smart RB.

This is perhaps the least credible argument you’ve made on this site, and that’s saying a lot. Sheesh.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Being unvaccinated does not make you a "pea brain", especially if you're allergic to it. That's the sort of low quality takes you see on big social media, not here. I say that as someone who is vaccinated. That's all I'll say and don't want to divert the thread any further.

I hope Cook gets better soon and can help our team in any way that he can.

Dude, you are embarrassing yourself with this. Stop it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Give it a few months and we will have moved past vaccination statuses. Onto the booster shots! With many of these players being held out, including Cook, is he actually sick? If so, get better. If not, the NFL needs to rethink some things this offseason. If you’re vaccinated, your hospitalization rate is low. If you’re 20-39 years old, your hospitalization rate is also really low. Especially if you actually take care of yourself and your health regularly.

What’s wrong with bc a booster shot?

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

if it helps you cope with your retreating sense of youth, know that i see you as a perpetual 14.

Instead of childish insults, maybe we should stick to football? That would be nice.

The Vikings have the advantage of one more days rest over the Rams. That, along with playing at home could be a deciding factor in this game!

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Instead of childish insults, maybe we should stick to football? That would be nice.

oh jeez, lighten up and have some fun with it. how many old man jokes have i put up with over the years, dozens? more? 

one of the hallmarks of our online community is our ability to joke around with each other about long standing tropes of ourselves. Santa give you coal in your stocking or something?                         

and on the subject of straying from the topic of football, you treated all of us to your views on Covid and vaccinations just yesterday. just because a poster goes off topic in  to a taboo subject, and then writes "that's all i'll say about it" doesn't legitimize going off football in the first place.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

oh jeez, lighten up and have some fun with it. how many old man jokes have i put up with over the years, dozens? more? 

one of the hallmarks of our online community is our ability to joke around with each other about long standing tropes of ourselves. Santa give you coal in your stocking or something?                         

and on the subject of straying from the topic of football, you treated all of us to your views on Covid and vaccinations just yesterday. just because a poster goes off topic in  to a taboo subject, and then writes "that's all i'll say about it" doesn't legitimize going off football in the first place.

Funny enough, I don't think you're the oldest on our forum anymore, and I'm almost positive I'm not the youngest anymore!

aaaand I had a fun Christmas with my side of the family. Great Hanukkah with my wife's side. I hope you had a good time yourself, VD.

This thread really fell down the rabbit hole. I'll admit to playing into, but I did intend to move us from that topic in multiple posts. Getting the last word in clearly didn't work out. I honestly have nothing more to say on it though and I'll leave it be.

• Like 2