The Browns sorry search for pass catchers

Kiwibrown

20 minutes ago, bruceb said:

A good part of the reason that we have not had good pass catchers is that we have not had good pass throwers.

Still don't at the moment.

Do our receivers or does the QB sound worse on the radio?

I'm guessing the receivers since you didn't know what a back shoulder throw was.

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Do our receivers or does the QB sound worse on the radio?

I'm guessing the receivers since you didn't know what a back shoulder throw was.

4 INTs = 4 INTs.

Sounded like they all were on the QB.

Not sure what you are talking about re back shoulder throws.

More puzzled if you are saying that Mayfield is throwing with that kind of precision.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

4 INTs = 4 INTs.

More puzzled if you are saying that Mayfield is throwing with that kind of precision.

Not talking about this game. You've gotten mad about Baker in past games for supposedly throwing errant throws that were really back shoulder throws. It's hard to tell on the radio, I know.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Not talking about this game. You've gotten mad about Baker in past games for supposedly throwing errant throws that were really back shoulder throws. It's hard to tell on the radio, I know.

Not really.

It usually is explained as miscommunication between the QB and receiver.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

4 INTs = 4 INTs.

2, maybe even 3 weren't his fault. And to be fair, he had another one that could have been picked. The last pick was comically pass interference. Landry fell down on one. One was an overthrow and clearly on Baker.

Baker is injured and not playing his best. We can all agree on that part at least, I believe.

Edited by NudeTayne

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

2, maybe even 3 weren't his fault. And to be fair, he had another one that could have been picked. The last pick was comically pass interference. Landry fell down on one. One was an overthrow and clearly on Baker.

Are we going to pretend that Landry falling down because the pass was under thrown to the inside while the corner undercut the route wasn’t on Baker? Even the first one he didn’t read cover 3, because the crosser was wide open and uncovered regardless of MAYBE a ticky tack illegal contact.

What about the two dropped INT? Who were those on?

The fourth was an egregious no call. 

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No doubt about it. He should have been shut down and got surgery 2 months ago for his own good and the good of the team.

I’ll still die on the hill of I love his toughness after years of “professional efforts”.  

I also think as mediocre to bad as he’s been he’s done more for our offense than Keenum would have. He’s really only had a couple awful games (every QB has a few stinkers per season) with one of them being last week after not being able to practice or be with the team for 2 weeks.

If we win out and make the playoffs, I think you have to consider it “worth it”.  If not, it was worth a go. I’m not far enough removed from 0-16 to not appreciate the fact we’re playing meaningful games in January.

I would like to see him shut it down once we’re eliminated (if that happens) even if it’s just one game. Get started with surgery/rehab a week sooner, tank the final game for a better draft pick and look to next year. 

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll still die on the hill of I love his toughness after years of “professional efforts”.  

I also think as mediocre to bad as he’s been he’s done more for our offense than Keenum would have. He’s really only had a couple awful games (every QB has a few stinkers per season) with one of them being last week after not being able to practice or be with the team for 2 weeks.

If we win out and make the playoffs, I think you have to consider it “worth it”.  If not, it was worth a go. I’m not far enough removed from 0-16 to not appreciate the fact we’re playing meaningful games in January.

I would like to see him shut it down once we’re eliminated (if that happens) even if it’s just one game. Get started with surgery/rehab a week sooner, tank the final game for a better draft pick and look to next year. 

I love Baker’s mentality, no question. But I’m not seeing much of a difference from a point perspective and turnover perspective than the other guys we’ve had to play. He’s cost himself millions IMO. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I love Baker’s mentality, no question. But I’m not seeing much of a difference from a point perspective and turnover perspective than the other guys we’ve had to play. He’s cost himself millions IMO. 

Keep in mind though both games started by someone else happened on pretty short notice and with little film to look at and prepare with.

Give teams a few weeks of tape on either guy and/or a full week to prepare and I’m guessing things change a bit.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Keep in mind though both games started by someone else happened on pretty short notice and with little film to look at and prepare with.

Give teams a few weeks of tape on either guy and/or a full week to prepare and I’m guessing things change a bit.

No question this is true when Baker is healthy. When he’s at 50-60%? Eh, IMO he’s probably best to shut down and recoup. I really wish for a plethora of reasons he was at 💯 this year, but he hasn’t been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean...there is tape out there on both Keenum and Mullens (maybe not in this offense) but I think opposing coaches know enough.

44 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean...there is tape out there on both Keenum and Mullens (maybe not in this offense) but I think opposing coaches know enough.

Yeah I meant more now they’d be used in this offense.  Mullens was announced like a day or two before the game iirc and Case was aa Thursday night game where Baker was insisting he’d play until like Wednesday.

There’s definitely film, but I’m sure they didn’t have a lot of time to review it, come up with a game plan and install it.

It’s like CliffsNotes vs actually reading a book.  You know enough to get the gist of it, but not enough to feel confident discussing it.