Week 17: Washington vs Philadelphia - Jan 2 on FOX, 1 PM (probably a Philly home game regardless)

MikeT14

If we win this game? Next Sunday is gonna be craaaaaazy..!....!

We'll most likely still be in the Playoff picture still, if a few games go our way, also.

I'm just saying, its not impossible that we win this game & the finale vs Giants.

Slip in as the #7 seed, at a record of 8-9.

Then, face Dallas again for a 3rd time in the WC NFC playoffs, if they're that #2 seed.

If won't surprise me at all, if they get that #1 seed. That Arizona vs Dallas game is gonna be a good one.

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am selling my tickets. I am still disgusted at the effort that we lacked in the game last week.

I wouldn't sell them.

Rivera said this Eagles game is going to show what kind of character this teams has.

Add the fight between best friends Payne & Allen last week?

We may show up ready to destroy teams.

And all we need are these last 2 & we STILL could make the playoffs.

With a little help, of course.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wouldn't sell them.

Rivera said this Eagles game is going to show what kind of character this teams has.

Sorry, we got destroyed by our arch-rival on national TV.  No fight from anyone except the guys who actually fought each other, poor coaching, poor effort.  

Adversity hits yes, but there was no excuse for the team to lose that badly.  

For the first time ever, I am just not feeling like going to a game.  And this is coming from an Orioles fan who goes to 1 game a series, even now when we are losing.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sorry, we got destroyed by our arch-rival on national TV.  No fight from anyone except the guys who actually fought each other, poor coaching, poor effort.  

Adversity hits yes, but there was no excuse for the team to lose that badly.  

For the first time ever, I am just not feeling like going to a game.  And this is coming from an Orioles fan who goes to 1 game a series, even now when we are losing.  

I've been that way for awhile now. I literally only go to hang out at the tailgate and keep our streak alive (of years attending a game with a specific group). So I go maybe once or twice a year. 

This game I had already given away my tickets to my relatives. Turns out that they and their friends either can't go, or don't want to go (either way they aren't going). They tried to give them back to me and I said "No. Find someone else to go or just eat them." They suggested I take my family. Yeah...the very last thing I want to do is take my 3 year old son to his first NFL game (not old enough yet IMHO anyway) and it be against the Iggles. I stopped going to those games years ago because of bad behavior in the stands and in the parking lots. Last thing I need to do is introduce my son to it. It's bad enough he watches me watch the team and wonders why Daddy gets angry (h/t - because we're losing). 

This team is going backwards and I completely agree with you that Rivera is not the guy and was a bad hire. And I've always agreed that the Coach/GM thing is not working. 

This team can't get out of its own way and this coaching staff/front office isn't helping.

But at least we made cosmetic changes to the organization to make it look like we've changed the culture. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wouldn't sell them.

You should buy them for $1000

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Antonio Gibson should be shut down for the rest of the year anyway. Sucks losing Ereck Flowers though. This game shouldn't be close. They ran and passed all over us last time and I expect it to happen again.

They might as well shut them both down for the year, let Patterson start & start Charles at LG.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I've been that way for awhile now. I literally only go to hang out at the tailgate and keep our streak alive (of years attending a game with a specific group). So I go maybe once or twice a year. 

This game I had already given away my tickets to my relatives. Turns out that they and their friends either can't go, or don't want to go (either way they aren't going). They tried to give them back to me and I said "No. Find someone else to go or just eat them." They suggested I take my family. Yeah...the very last thing I want to do is take my 3 year old son to his first NFL game (not old enough yet IMHO anyway) and it be against the Iggles. I stopped going to those games years ago because of bad behavior in the stands and in the parking lots. Last thing I need to do is introduce my son to it. It's bad enough he watches me watch the team and wonders why Daddy gets angry (h/t - because we're losing). 

This team is going backwards and I completely agree with you that Rivera is not the guy and was a bad hire. And I've always agreed that the Coach/GM thing is not working. 

This team can't get out of its own way and this coaching staff/front office isn't helping.

But at least we made cosmetic changes to the organization to make it look like we've changed the culture. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

And even those cosmetic changes have proven to be just that.  We still can’t get out of our own way. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 9:12 AM, ACO said:

I think it will be a had fight to win but it is not impossible. Philly has way more to play for though and despite what the HC says... I don't think WFT is all in anymore.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think we're looking at a blow out aka losing by 3 scores or more but, I don't think we win this game. It'll be w/in 10 pts I think but given our Covid issues & other injuries I just can't imagine us scoring more than 21 pts once again while Phila will once again get near or over 30.