Week 17: Washington vs Philadelphia - Jan 2 on FOX, 1 PM (probably a Philly home game regardless)

MikeT14

I'm hoping this is just gamesmanship soPhila doesn't know who's starting bc it's  stupid at this point not to start Allen. Heinicke has shown all he can show and his two worst games of the year were vs Dallas. If he can't beat Dallas, then I don't want him as our starter and he played his two worst games of the year vs Dallas.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And our game followed their bye week. As I said at the time, Dallas and Detrot have to play short weeks once a year when they play on Sunday and then the following Thanksgiving. This was nowhere near what they have to do each year. 

They had 10 days to prepare. Then got to face the future HOFers, Gilbert and Fromm.

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The game was never going to be forfeit because of money.  The safest way to play the game was to postpone it.  The Eagles won the game.  The Eagles won their following game.  They were not impacted in any way.  Why is this still being brought up? 

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What disadvantage? You played Garrett Gilbert and then Jake Fromm? How exactly were you guys at a disadvantage? It’s probably the easiest two weeks of football any team has had the entire season. And the players, with the exception of Sweat, were all vaccinated so this idea there was an “innocent party” is absurd. 

We had about 10 or so Eagle/Seahawk, NFL players, tweeting/complaining about the situation for various reasons and there’s a handful of couch superstars telling me they have the prevailing opinion? For real?

By the way, this is being discussed again because you guys brought up whining again. Which is hilarious to suggest regular schmoe NFL fans calling NFL players “whiners” where most guys here turn ankles hopping out of the shower wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We had about 10 or so Eagle/Seahawk, NFL players, tweeting/complaining about the situation for various reasons and there’s a handful of couch superstars telling me they have the prevailing opinion? For real?

By the way, this is being discussed again because you guys brought up whining again. Which is hilarious to suggest regular schmoe NFL fans calling NFL players “whiners” where most guys here turn ankles hopping out of the shower wrong. 

No, you brought it up. You’re the one who complained a page ago that people were calling you guys whiners. We did not bring this up. You came in to troll. You engaged this conversation and you caused all of this trying to be funny. Like I said, you got your free wins against Gilbert and Fromm. Enjoy it and move on. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

No, you brought it up. You’re the one who complained a page ago that people were calling you guys whiners. We did not bring this up. You came in to troll. You engaged this conversation and you caused all of this trying to be funny. Like I said, you got your free wins against Gilbert and Fromm. Enjoy it and move on. 

And...he's still whining about it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

They are professional players who were whining about having 10 days off and then playing two games within 5 days of each other and against teams QB'ed by Gilbert and Fromm. Excuse me while I bring out my tiny violin for them when Dallas and Detroit have to do it yearly and only have 4 days in between (with no days off right before the first game).

As for the bolded, @lavar703is correct. You came to troll/job at us. Then YOU were the one who brought it up. Then you continued to whine about the postponement (ironic since you complained about the forum calling you whiners). Then when you received multiple responses not from @turtle28you complained about the number of responses to your "jab" (as if you're the only one who is allowed to poke and jab? Interesting...)

Bottom line is I expect a Redskins Washington loss this week (as do you and pretty much everyone on this forum). I have zero faith in our coaches and front office at the present time to actually try to get us on the right path. But please don't come here expecting to troll and jab and expect those in the forum to lay down and take it. 

And if you want to get personal with attacks, do so elsewhere. 

That will be all.

• Like 1

They should shut Curtis Samuel down. Shut Antonio Gibson down. Shut Brandon Scherff down. Shut Landon Collins down. Pretty much get any necessary surgeries or planning for next year done. 

Rivera talking about "winning" ball games after the embarrassing past two weeks against division foes is lunacy. Evaluate the young guys, throw all the young guys in there and say good luck. 

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Came in to take a jab. Evolved into @turtle28and myself discussing the merits of the current teams. Not gloating, trolling or whatever else you guys are complaining about. Turtle is still trying to justify a bottom 10 team being better than us but has admitted the Eagles being better  twice already. Don’t know why the posting continues. Pride maybe? Was having a legitimate football discussion. Can’t you guys handle that? 

Dude what don't you understand about Washington being 6-6 and having the #6 spot in the playoffs before the Dallas loss three weeks ago with the toughest schedule in the division?

The Eagles are better, but not by a lot. If Washington didn't have COVID run through our QBs, D & OL & lost Collins & WJ3 the game in Phila would've been close. I wouldn't pump my chest out when the Eagles were down 10-0 -and almost down 14-0 if not for a dropped Humphries TD -in the first quarter to Garrett Gilbert & a covid ravaged WFT team.

We’ll see Sunday how much better you are when Washington has Heinicke back, Scherff back, our #1 CB, SS, Sweat back and our starting LBs back.

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wouldn't matter just like it didn't matter two weeks ago when you all whined about it.

The WFT has decimated by injuries and COVID. If you all don't win this game you don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Phila: 34

WFT: 24

This is in direct response to my first post. 

Who brought it up again? Let’s get them facts straight. 

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

They should shut Curtis Samuel down. Shut Antonio Gibson down. Shut Brandon Scherff down. Shut Landon Collins down. Pretty much get any necessary surgeries or planning for next year done. 

Rivera talking about "winning" ball games after the embarrassing past two weeks against division foes is lunacy. Evaluate the young guys, throw all the young guys in there and say good luck. 

This is where I'm at as well. I want to see roster evaluation of the depth. Let's see how they do against the opposing #1s

• Like 1