Week 17: Washington vs Philadelphia - Jan 2 on FOX, 1 PM (probably a Philly home game regardless)

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dude what don't you understand about Washington being 6-6 and having the #6 spot in the playoffs before the Dallas loss three weeks ago with the toughest schedule in the division?

The Eagles are better, but not by a lot. If Washington didn't have COVID run through our QBs, D & OL & lost Collins & WJ3 the game in Phila would've been close. I wouldn't pump my chest out when the Eagles were down 10-0 -and almost down 14-0 if not for a dropped Humphries TD -in the first quarter to Garrett Gilbert & a covid ravaged WFT team.

We’ll see Sunday how much better you are when Washington has Heinicke back, Scherff back, our #1 CB, SS, Sweat back and our starting LBs back.

Thanks. That’s all we were arguing about. Never said the Eagles were a SB contender. Never even said they were good. Just better than Wash. 

Just some friendly banter boys. So hostile. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Thanks. That’s all we were arguing about. Never said the Eagles were a SB contender. Never even said they were good. Just better than Wash. 

Just some friendly banter boys. So hostile. 

Sure. But at the same time, don't throw poop and then complain that you and the room are messy when it's thrown back at you. That's kinda how banter works. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Hey what do you expect, 2021 has sucked

Same here! You of all people should understand chatting it up in a rival forum. It feels like Eagles NFCE forum is the only place you can go without getting your head bitten off. I like to be the Eagles forum junkyard dog too, I get it. But maybe lighten it up a bit, fellas. Just football chat. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Sure. But at the same time, don't throw poop and then complain that you and the room are messy when it's thrown back at you. That's kinda how banter works. ;)

I get it. I have it out with @Matts4313every so often and the discussion usually goes the same way. Not sure if I was exactly “throwin poop”. I made a JO comment and it actually turned into a football discussion. I don’t know why it got so hostile. I might have made some flippant comments but there were legit stats to back them up. I get it. I get protective in my forum too. You guys got angry lol. 

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is where I'm at as well. I want to see roster evaluation of the depth. Let's see how they do against the opposing #1s

I agree but I’d say we have seen our backups play against other teams 1s & for the most part it's been...

Larry Reaction GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I expect it to be tight myself. Never a roll over win in the NFCE. 

I’m really torn, because on one hand I agree that usually these games end up being dogfights. And my doubt about it going like that is probably coming from a place of anger and dismay at having watched our team roll over and die against Dallas with (whatever remained of) the season on the line. 

But I wouldn’t be surprised either way — if they came out and fought your boys tooth and nail for every last yard, or if they just laid down and gave the Eagles whatever they wanted, neither would surprise me at this point. I was really surprised on Sunday night. They won’t get me again. But I’ll be very intrigued to see if Rivera can get them to battle like they always have (until a few days ago) under him, or if he’s just losing them at this point of the long season. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m really torn, because on one hand I agree that usually these games end up being dogfights. And my doubt about it going like that is probably coming from a place of anger and dismay at having watched our team roll over and die against Dallas with (whatever remained of) the season on the line. 

But I wouldn’t be surprised either way — if they came out and fought your boys tooth and nail for every last yard, or if they just laid down and gave the Eagles whatever they wanted, neither would surprise me at this point. I was really surprised on Sunday night. They won’t get me again. But I’ll be very intrigued to see if Rivera can get them to battle like they always have (until a few days ago) under him, or if he’s just losing them at this point of the long season. 

We rolled over last year 2nd half of week 17 for you guys. I’d think it’s only fair you returned the favor. lol