Week 17 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lol.

Its always been this way. 

Lol. No.

It was a fumble. It should have been called a fumble and then automatically reviewed. Instead it was called wrong and everyone is acting like that’s how it should have been. Don’t be ridiculous. These games need to be officiated better.

Edited by NoFlyZone

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was hoping that the Cardinals would lose and you guys would rest against us next week 

I'm glad the Cardinals win. 2 seed for us now, plus we can knock SF out of the playoffs, plus McVay won't be tempted to rest and let the Niners say it's been four years we've beaten them by the time we play again

EDIT: this is assuming we can actually beat the Niners, which is obviously the big question

Edited by FrantikRam

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

McCarthy has had this issue for OVER FIFTEEN YEARS now. At some point it's his fault not the games lol.

It’s 100% McCarthys fault.

Acting as if refs in real time should always get it right is just ridiculous. Especially one like that. Couldn’t even tell myself until after a few different angles in slo-mo.

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Lol. No.

It was a fumble. It should have been called a fumble and then automatically reviewed. Instead it was called wrong and everyone is acting like that’s how it should have been. Don’t be ridiculous. These games need to be officiated better.

Lol. Yes.

You expecting the human eye to get every call correct in real time is legitimately insane.

They are afforded challenges and clock management/timeout usage is a big thing for coaches. You (if you’re a Dallas fan) just happen to have one of them that is clueless on that front.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Shouldn’t work that way. Maybe they should get the calls right.

Gallup got away with OPI on his TD. There's plenty of missed calls on both sides. Dallas didn't show up early enough and it cost them - the calls really didn't factor in very much.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

It’s 100% McCarthys fault.

Acting as if refs in real time should always get it right is just ridiculous. Especially one like that. Couldn’t even tell myself until after a few different angles in slo-mo.

No, it is not McCarthy’s fault. He shouldn’t have to rely on having a challenge as he’s having to spend time outs while a team is bleeding the clock to win the game. The play should have been looked at, period. The refs called it wrong, period. Call that a fumble and then automatically review that. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Doesn’t matter if it was clear to you in live action or not. It was clear to Dallas.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lol. Yes.

You expecting the human eye to get every call correct in real time is legitimately insane.

They are afforded challenges and clock management/timeout usage is a big thing for coaches. You (if you’re a Dallas fan) just happen to have one of them that is clueless on that front.

Don’t put words in my mouth (let alone call me insane… lol, nice mod status). Of course I don’t expect them to get every single call correctly, I’m not a moron. The fact of the matter is that it was a matter of debate and should have been reviewed. It was the game deciding play. Give them the benefit of the doubt and review that play. It shouldn’t have to come down to challenging and not being able to because of the game situation. 

4 minutes ago, Tex said:

Gallup got away with OPI on his TD. There's plenty of missed calls on both sides. Dallas didn't show up early enough and it cost them - the calls really didn't factor in very much.

Absolutely not OPI. I agree Dallas didn’t show up early enough, but that has nothing to do with a game deciding missed call.