Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger officially retires

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I dont even like Ben the person and Im happy Ben the player is leaving, but its sad how easily amused all the halfwits are making the same exact cracks about Ben every single time his name is brought up....but I digress.

Ill appreciate all the memorable years Ben gave the Steelers, but good riddance.   Shouldve retired after the elbow injury.   His passing abilities were already diminishing before, and that shouldve been the final nail....but he dragged it out for 2 years, especially when it was clear he didnt really have the pieces around him to support him.   Early 2020 was okay, but as soon as teams started taking away the short passing game, Ben became one of the most inefficient starters in the league.

Its likely going to take awhile to find a new franchise QB....but Ben hasnt been that guy in awhile.   

Enjoy retirement #7!!!

People are making those cracks in the belief they are doing honest, productive work. It’s lame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

I dont even like Ben the person and Im happy Ben the player is leaving, and it's sad how easily self-assured all the moral-halfwits are making the same exact cracks about folks who aren't willing to forget serious crimes against women were committed because "throw football good" every single time his name is brought up and a comment is made....but I digress.

good riddance

Reveal hidden contents

in before, "aLLeGeD"

There was absolutely zero evidence that sex occurred in Georgia let alone rape, and the Tahoe incident isn't worth addressing. 

But people will make the same unsubstantiated claims based off nothing but innuendo. 

My favorite attack on Ben was the Peter King piece the week before the Super Bowl where he was accused of not tipping once when part of a large group where the left before the bill was even paid and of talking trash during pick-up basketball games. Guy was a monster.

Edited by CKSteeler

20 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Some of y'all really need to familiarize yourselves with the realities of how rape/SA cases are actually handled by cops in this country. Especially for the rich and famous. 

What part of that would change the fact that a rape kit was done and there was no evidence she had sex with Roethlisberger, let alone was raped? 

Or the part where she initially told cops that no, she was not raped? And was basically too drunk to remember much of anything? 

If you're argument boils down to vague innuendo about how the rich get treated differently and ignores all actual details of the specific case in question, you probably don't have a leg to stand on.

Edited by CKSteeler

Ngl as much as I dislike him, seeing Ben retire makes me a little sad. Seemed like only yesterday when he went undefeated as a rookie and how ****ty I felt when the Steelers broke our win streak. I was in 8th grade at the time and I wore my Brady every Monday or Tuesday after a win and kids hated me for it lol.

In fact most of the QBs from my teenage years are gone: both Mannings, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Romo, Schaub, McNabb, Palmer, Cutler, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, etc.

All that remains are Brady and Rodgers and both are on the retirement watch.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

tHERE was AbSoLUTeLy ZeRO evIDEnCe that SEx occurrED iN GeoRGiA LEt ALOne raPe, and THe tahOe iNcidEnt isn't wOrTH ADDREsSING. 

BUT peOpLe WiLL maKE THE SaMe UnSuBStANtIaTED cLaimS baSED OFF NoThiNG But InnuENdo. 

NOw enJOy tHiS sTRawmAN.

fify

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im not gonna sugarcoat it

There was never a single moment in his career that I liked Ben Roethlisberger 

Because he was the QB when the Steelers and the Pats were rivals.

However I think the glue to that rivalry was Porter, Harrison and Polamalu.

Edited by biggie.

3 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Because he was the QB when the Steelers and the Pats were rivals.

However I think the glue to that rivalry was Porter, Harrison and Polamalu.

I loved Polamalu

I respected Harrison

Porter was a popcorn muscle clown that had to be schemed into success

5 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:
25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

fify

I'll just interpret this as, "I was wrong and I apologize. I clearly have no clue what I'm talking about."

yall just keep putting words in each other's mouth. Just means neither of you are actually saying anything. 

On 12/31/2021 at 11:31 PM, ET80 said:

2023, it's the Malik Willis show.

Agreed.  Strong-armed QBs are at a premium in 2022.  The only Plan B would be Carson Strong, but he'd get killed behind that O-Line.  FWIW, I suspect they'll take an obscure second QB late in the draft.  I also think that Malik will start in 2022, though not necessarily in Week 1.  I don't get the sense than anyone looks forward to seeing more of Mason Rudolph.