Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger officially retires

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Pretty sure he played in the same defense in Miami. Miami was awful in his years there so the only thing I remember from his tenure was this:

joey-porter-zero-tackles.jpg

This was the week where he talked a HUGE game 

He had a big mouth and could be sketchy as a pass rusher.   He wasnt on Harrisons level, but he was good.  Maybe just not as good as he thought he was.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 5:04 AM, 43M said:

You obviously dont have a clue how defenses work or how Troy was used on our defense.  

Our coaches typically had zero idea how to gameplan for Brady.   We never had really talented cover corners, and our free safety next to Troy was usually a hard hitting enforcer with limited cover ability.  

Our entire pass defense was torched pretty much every time the Steelers played the Pats....largely because of terrible coaching, and because for years and years, the Steelers emphasized physicality over cpver ability with our defensive backs.     Which in turn made them be EXTREMELY conservative with how they used Troy.

Troy was rendered ineffective vs the Pats, but blaming Troy for that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how a defense actually works.

It wasn't just the Pats. I remember watching a Saints/Steelers game (MNF I believe) and Brees thoroughly embarrassed him.

Super Bowl 43 was another example. Sorry, Polamalu never impressed me like Ed Reed.

Edited by biggie.

Ben was a hell of a QB and ranks top 10 in almost all statistical categories. Sure fire HOFer. Not always perfect but when the game was on the line he was as good as anyone. He was a winner and a warrior. The way he could shrug one guy of, pump off three defenders and throw a dime was just wonderful to watch. Too many people bring up his past. Many people make stupid decisions and mistakes in life. He was a reckless Rockstar in his youth who acted inappropriately. The Ben today is a changed man. I admire the changes he has made and the man he has become. I was dumb and selfish in my late teens and early twenties, then i was humbeled. In my late twenties and now early 30s i have become a success and can proudly say I am not the same immature, selfish man i was 10 - 15 years ago. Although i was never accused of sexual assault, i can still relate in ways. Looking forward to see his speech in Canton. 

• Like 2

At the hotel room, Roethlisberger asked if he could enter, Daniels writes.

“At my door, Ben said, ‘Oh, can I see your room?’

“‘I’m really tired,’ I said, awkwardly holding the key card. He looked at the card until I put it in, and I didn’t open the door all the way. Just enough for me to slip through. As I got behind it, keeping my face out, I noticed he’d raised his hand to rest it on the door. 

“He pushed lightly, I pushed lightly. Did he know he was leaning on the door? Was he just steadying himself? 

“‘Can I come in?’ he said.

“‘I’m just so tired,’ I said.

“‘How about a good night kiss?’

“‘Well, no, I am here with your friend,’ I said, literally trying to play the Trump card. 

“‘Come on,’ he said.”

She writes she suddenly increased the pressure enough to slam the door. 

“‘He stood outside, not leaving,’” Daniels said of Roethlisberger. “Every now and again he’d knock, rapping his knuckles in a line low along the door. ‘Come onnnn,’ he repeated in a singsong voice. ‘I won’t tell.’”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

At the hotel room, Roethlisberger asked if he could enter, Daniels writes.

“At my door, Ben said, ‘Oh, can I see your room?’

“‘I’m really tired,’ I said, awkwardly holding the key card. He looked at the card until I put it in, and I didn’t open the door all the way. Just enough for me to slip through. As I got behind it, keeping my face out, I noticed he’d raised his hand to rest it on the door. 

“He pushed lightly, I pushed lightly. Did he know he was leaning on the door? Was he just steadying himself? 

“‘Can I come in?’ he said.

“‘I’m just so tired,’ I said.

“‘How about a good night kiss?’

“‘Well, no, I am here with your friend,’ I said, literally trying to play the Trump card. 

“‘Come on,’ he said.”

She writes she suddenly increased the pressure enough to slam the door. 

“‘He stood outside, not leaving,’” Daniels said of Roethlisberger. “Every now and again he’d knock, rapping his knuckles in a line low along the door. ‘Come onnnn,’ he repeated in a singsong voice. ‘I won’t tell.’”

Yeah and after she sent a bunch of emails to all her friends and coworkers bragging about having sex with Ben, as well as having made comments about how she was after him before the allegations.

Don't believe every post someone writes about sleeping with a celebrity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.reviewjournal.com/sports/roethlisberger-accuser-allegedly-bragged-about-liaison/amp/

On 1/28/2022 at 8:25 AM, Deadpulse said:

I think its time to end any talk for Ben's proclivities off the field. 

Because I am such a mature, humble human being I spared everyone a discussion of what "light" vaginal bruising might mean when accusing a 6'5 NFL QB of rape just hours after the fact and the lack of male DNA in Georgia. 

Ben's bank account wasn't large enough for Stormy Daniels. He couldn't compete with The Don in that regard.