Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger officially retires

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Because he was the QB when the Steelers and the Pats were rivals.

However I think the glue to that rivalry was Porter, Harrison and Polamalu.

9-3 wasn’t exactly a rivalry. 

And nobody was loved more than Troy.

44 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yall just keep putting words in each other's mouth. Just means neither of you are actually saying anything. 

Nope.

I was gonna leave it at the small back-and-forth, but since you are inviting a qualification, here you go:

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4554643/steelers-quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-rape-allegations-retirement/

"A subsequent medical examination found that the woman had “superficial laceration and bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area.”

The only police officer who had questioned Roethlisberger had reportedly met him on the night of the alleged rape and asked him for a picture.

The cop had also allegedly called the accuser a “drunken *****,” The Guardian reports.

The case was later dropped as authorities said there was insufficient evidence."

I stand by all my original edits/statements. There is a line that you don't cross.

You can join CK as a fence-sitter if you like, though 🤷‍♂️--free country for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I loved Polamalu

I respected Harrison

Porter was a popcorn muscle clown that had to be schemed into success

Porter was a bit overrated, but the part about him being schemed to success isnt really true.   He was a good all around player who had big time success on two different defenses.    

On 1/28/2022 at 4:49 AM, 43M said:

Not that you had any credibility left, but if you did....there it went...

Elite QBs like Brady and Brees routinely burnt him to a crisp. I remember the Packers/Steelers SB and Rodgers completely dominated Polamalu from starjt to finish. I was never worried about Polamalu when we played Pittsburgh.

Having a marketable look and being in commercials doesn't necessarily make you the best.

Edited by biggie.

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

Some of y'all really need to familiarize yourselves with the realities of how rape/SA cases are actually handled by cops in this country. Especially for the rich and famous. 

Its a standardized process, even if your media tells you otherwise.

I hope Ben enjoys retirement.

• Like 1

Just now, biggie. said:

Elite QBs like Brady and Brees routinely burnt him to a crisp. I was never worried about Polamalu owning us.

You obviously dont have a clue how defenses work or how Troy was used on our defense.  

Our coaches typically had zero idea how to gameplan for Brady.   We never had really talented cover corners, and our free safety next to Troy was usually a hard hitting enforcer with limited cover ability.  

Our entire pass defense was torched pretty much every time the Steelers played the Pats....largely because of terrible coaching, and because for years and years, the Steelers emphasized physicality over cpver ability with our defensive backs.     Which in turn made them be EXTREMELY conservative with how they used Troy.

Troy was rendered ineffective vs the Pats, but blaming Troy for that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how a defense actually works.

12 minutes ago, 43M said:

Porter was a bit overrated, but the part about him being schemed to success isnt really true.   He was a good all around player who had big time success on two different defenses.    

Pretty sure he played in the same defense in Miami. Miami was awful in his years there so the only thing I remember from his tenure was this:

joey-porter-zero-tackles.jpg

This was the week where he talked a HUGE game