BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

39 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

How will they prove he breaches? Are they monitoring his film hours with an app / camera?

They can track what he does on his iPad.

Not sure otherwise, but I can guarantee there will be a lawsuit over it at some point.

• Like 1

Side note, I'd be real curious to know what the vets in that locker room think about this.  

"Yall are gonna pay him all this money when he isn't even putting in the work?"

Cause if he was putting in the work and/or the Cards thought he was putting in the work, this clause would not be in there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

They can track what he does on his iPad.

Not sure otherwise, but I can guarantee there will be a lawsuit over it at some point.

But does the contract stipulate he's getting a team provided iPad, and that he consents to being monitored, etc.?

Agree with you, it just seems a bit messy with how they could go about monitoring and enforcing.

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Side note, I'd be real curious to know what the vets in that locker room think about this.  

"Yall are gonna pay him all this money when he isn't even putting in the work?"

Cause if he was putting in the work and/or the Cards thought he was putting in the work, this clause would not be in there.

Moving forward, every game he performs poorly will certainly have some interesting conversations.

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't get the Jeudy trade hate. First round pick for him seems above value to me 

He is currently on a two year deal and his QB is Russell Wilson. He gives me a solid option utilizable as a #1 within my offense.  He was also a former high 1st round pick anyway so...there's that.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He was also a former high 1st round pick anyway so...there's that.

I never get this part of the thought process. Plenty of guys have been drafted high and been worse than replacement level. Once a guy is in the NFL and there's game tape of him at that level, who cares where he was drafted.

• Like 1