BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Y’all I’m done bidding on new players in Shark Tank, I know the players I want and enough cap space that I’m not even looking at the numbers. If you’re dead set on continuing to bid me up, at least do it for an amount I actually have to think about and stop wasting both our time please.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Y’all I’m done bidding on new players in Shark Tank, I know the players I want and enough cap space that I’m not even looking at the numbers. If you’re dead set on continuing to bid me up, at least do it for an amount I actually have to think about and stop wasting both our time please.

What drives me nuts is the shark tank has been going on for 3 days right. And it seems to me maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that there there are guys that genuinely have no interest in certain players until certain owners bid on them.

Then they are like oh man I need this player I gotta bif this up

• Like 1

People complain that nothing is going on. People complain that the one thing that’s going on is taking too long. If this is wasting y’all’s time then you don’t have to come and read and/or bid and you’ll be doing the same thing as if the Tank were over 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What drives me nuts is the shark tank has been going on for 3 days right. And it seems to me maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that there there are guys that genuinely have no interest in certain players until certain owners bid on them.

People do have lists of guys they plan on making Waiver claims on but don't want to announce their interest. If someone bids on that guy I can see where another owner may then bid on them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually do not want to propose a time. What I would prefer to post is the bids needing to be increased more than 25 or even $50 every time somebody bids.

1. What is your actual issue here? What is bothering you about the length of the tank? If your problem is not winning the players you want, then save more money for the Tank. There is nothing unfair about this process  

2. Are you or are you not leaving? Does this even affect you in the slightest in future years?

For me, it’s that multiple times I have been leading on a player for 16, 20, 23 hours and then someone comes in to bid the exact minimum. And then I immediately bid the minimum required, and another 16+ hours go by and the exact same thing happens. Some of these offers have been dragged out for three days with nonsense like that.

What is the point? How do you realistically see this playing out? I don’t care that you’re bidding against me, but at least have enough respect for my time to make a serious offer if you’re only going to bid once a day.

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

People do have lists of guys they plan on making Waiver claims on but don't want to announce their interest. If someone bids on that guy I can see where another owner may then bid on them.

Are there “free” waivers later?

Still learning, with my brain in 6 different leagues with six different sets of rules.

i mean, i get it to a certain degree.  with the cap hell most find themselves in with the smaller cap this season compared to the ballooning next season, we're seeing a lot more nickel dime bids than normal.  I wouldn't use this as what is normal however.  Last year the vast majority of bids were done by Thursday

20 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

All of us are counting cap here. Do you legitimately believe an owner would rather bid up and opponent out of spite than get a player that will help them win? Seriously man I don’t see how you reach this conclusion 

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Are there “free” waivers later?

Still learning, with my brain in 6 different leagues with six different sets of rules.

Waiver Wire

Any BDL free agent player is available during the in season waiver wire process.  The roster sheet will house the list of waiver wire players but if a player is not on a team’s roster nor on the list of BDL free agents then they are available to be selected.

• Waiver Wire Order

• Order is determined by reversing the overall standings.  Identical to the draft order.

• Contracts are fixed 1 year deals, with the salary being based off of the week they are claimed.

• Weeks 1-8 $450

• Week 9 $400

• Week 10 $350

• Week 11 $300

• Week 12 $250

• Week 13 $200

• Week 14 $150

• Week 15-16 $100

• Teams may select one player each week to add to their team as long as they maintain Salary Cap and Roster limits. 

• If a team has a player, or players,  go on IR during a particular week then they may select one additional player only that week to add to their roster.

• During the BDL playoffs, remaining Playoff teams only are allowed to make additional Waiver wire selections following all normal waiver wire rules.