BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Anyone else finding some glitches on the site today?

I’ve had to close my internet 3-4 times now and restart because it suddenly won’t let me quote or type anything.

don't tell bcb that or he will shut down the entire shark tank

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

hate-hate-hate-yeah.gif

Don't hate on us just because we leverage others to start the bid first.

I got nothing but love for a lot of you guys but since you brought it up more often then not the guy is criticizing people for complaining are the guys doing what we are complaining about.

I said what I said and honestly I think the shark tank is the worst part of this league

• Like 1

Rookies have been added now.

I went through and fixed a ton of players that were showing inactive on rosters also,  mostly just names not matching Spotrac.   If you have players that dont make sense why they are inactive, let me know..  i.e.  players that are on rosters

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Anyone else finding some glitches on the site today?

I’ve had to close my internet 3-4 times now and restart because it suddenly won’t let me quote or type anything.

Yeah I've got them quite a bit today also but They only last a couple of minutes so no reason to freak out

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That awkward moment when you talk to a student for several minutes and you didn't realize you had her last year because you never saw her without a mask......

I work with a guy that I saw every second day for like a year and a half, and when his mask finally came off, the bottom half of his face was just not what I expected. Like I had to make sure it was him before I used his name lol

38 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I got nothing but love for a lot of you guys but since you brought it up more often then not the guy is criticizing people for complaining are the guys doing what we are complaining about.

I said what I said and honestly I think the shark tank is the worst part of this league

If the BDL was an actual league and we all were true owners / GMs / Head Coaches who entered free agency aka Shark Tank simultaneously, I think it'd be fair and reasonable to have some of the criticism.

But given that it's taking place on a forum that we all are a part of, and have other circumstances going on that could impact our ability to perform our BDL duties to the full capacity, then I think it's a bit silly to criticize folks for how they go about adhering to the rules established for the process.

If someone bids on a player, that starts the clock ticking. Sometimes others have time to get a bid in, and sometimes not. I know a few players already locked up that I wish I had been more diligent and active, but it is what it is. We can't control others' lives or how they interact within the rules established, but we can control our reactions to those. I threw in the hate gif for fun as I know I've been guilty of piggy-backing off other bids quite a bit, just one of the challenges when you are playing with ~5k cap space and wanting to add certain players or roles and can't exceed your max cap space with bids.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Petition @EaglesPeteC to lecture us on BDL 101: How to homer players on your roster.

His assistant @MWil23 will assure we can all properly make memes to properly homer our players via digital graphics.

Step 1: find tweets about your players

Step 2: Share them constantly

Step 3: Ignore all flaws on said player or situation

Step 4: Shame @Blue for saying I shouldn't be allowed to vote on games because I knew Jordan Maliata was going to be a monster and he's a pleb that didn't know any better

5: Repeat

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If the BDL was an actual league and we all were true owners / GMs / Head Coaches who entered free agency aka Shark Tank simultaneously, I think it'd be fair and reasonable to have some of the criticism.

But given that it's taking place on a forum that we all are a part of, and have other circumstances going on that could impact our ability to perform our BDL duties to the full capacity, then I think it's a bit silly to criticize folks for how they go about adhering to the rules established for the process.

If someone bids on a player, that starts the clock ticking. Sometimes others have time to get a bid in, and sometimes not. I know a few players already locked up that I wish I had been more diligent and active, but it is what it is. We can't control others' lives or how they interact within the rules established, but we can control our reactions to those. I threw in the hate gif for fun as I know I've been guilty of piggy-backing off other bids quite a bit, just one of the challenges when you are playing with ~5k cap space and wanting to add certain players or roles and can't exceed your max cap space with bids.

That doesn't mean you've got to wait 3 minutes before a bit expires to bid on a player. I don't care what anybody says you know before that point whether or not you're gonna make a bid.