BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Okay finished round 1 based on WW’s rankings.

1. Berlin- CJ Stroud QB OSU

Berlin might have something in Malik but can’t bank on that. Take imo the top QB in the draft. 

2. Greenland- Anthony Richardson QB UF

If they pick this high it’s probably because Tua didn’t work out. This would make Orca really happy. 

3. Anchorage (from Lancaster)- Will Anderson Jr Edge Bama

I take the best defensive player in the draft here.

4. Anchorage (from Singapore)- Jalen Carter INT UGA

Back to the Georgia well. Carter gives me some versatility inside. Big contracts coming up for Vita and Oliver. Gives me some flexibility on what I do there as well. 

5. Seoul- Bryce Young QB Bama

I know RG would trade down here. He values premium positions only with premium picks. Young gives him a player to develop behind Russ while his contract runs out.

6. Gotham- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

Gotham traded Jeudy and here they add JSN with Higgins, Hill and Pierce to further strengthen their passing  attack.

7. Raleigh- Kayshon Boutte WR LSU

Adams needs a better running mate.

8. Hungary- Parris Johnson Jr OT OSU

Hungary can use OT help and Johnson is the top talent at the position. He will be a riser.

9. Flint- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson

Big edge player great compliment to Bosa added to a line with Jeffery Simmons makes for an even more dominant front.

10. Gotham- Elias Ricks CB Bama

It is probably going to be a battle of Ricks and Ringo for CB1. Ricks has some character stuff but is more technical while Ringo is a size/speed freak. Gotham doesn’t need to go corner but I know how much Whicker likes a very strong corner group and so they add the more pro ready player here.

11. Cancun- Kelee Ringo CB UGA 

Ringo is a size/speed specimen and would add a very formidable cover man oozing with ability to the Cancun defense.

12. Cuba- Noah Sewell LB Oregon

Frogs and I talked openly about this prospect in the thread. He gives an Alpha defender at the second level that can do it all and really gives Cuba an exciting chess piece to their defense.

13. Rome- Jordan Addison WR USC

Addison’s game reminds me a lot of DeVonta Smith however not quite as dominant. He would however make a really good addition to the receiving corps of Cooper, Waddle and Renfrow.

14. Ivory Coast (from Camden)- Bryan Bresee INT Clemson

A big potential player on the interior. They went Wyatt and have Barmore but adding Breese gives them a very good rotation and the ability to mix up their front even more. 

15. Anchorage- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

This gives me the option of an out if I don’t want to pay Jonathan Taylor big time money and if Dobbins can’t stay healthy. It’s a crapshoot if any of the three rookies I acquired this offseason amount to anything as well. So adding a cost controlled talented bell cow is worth the shot here.

16. Berlin (from IC)- Brandon Joseph S ND

The Northwestern transfer gives Berlin a playmaking FS replacement for FA Thornhill to pair with Winfield and make a great young talented duo in the backend of their defense.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I rarely post yahoo articles but this debate is worth a few minute read:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/quiet-quitting-are-workers-taking-advantage-or-taking-control-154103038.html

@Blue @rackcs @Scoundrel @EaglesPeteC I thought you guys would especially be interested in this as educators, as well as @bcb1213 as a former one and @Ragnarok and @Jlash I know you dudes go through waves of ridiculous work loads too. Apologies to anyone I left out as it’s not intentional.

Some of my coworkers and I were talking about it the other day and one of them said "As soon as I heard about this term I thought about you rackcs" and I said thank you.

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Running Back
15. Sanders / Fournette - Lancaster

I obviously mildly disagree with some of these rankings but this is the only one I'll majorly disagree with mainly because neither of these guys is my starter

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blue said:

nobody in this league respects Brandin Cooks

8 hours ago, Blue said:

because it's boring when a player has 1000 yards every year like clockwork despite playing for three different teams in as many years, I guess

Understand Captain America GIF

I was waiting for Blue to swoop in to defend Cooks. I am not disappointed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Haha my bad. I almost forgot Mooney for Anchorage too

"It's always a plus to have a lot of good running backs. I feel like my whole career, I've been crowded with great running backs. Even at Toledo and Willoughy South (High School). It's good to have some extra backs who can get the job done, too." - Hunt

@rackcs @Blue @SirA1

To clarify, I'm not necessarily advocating this extreme version of the approach in the article, but rather as the rest of the world refers to it "Getting paid for the work that you do" as Blue very succinctly pointed out, as opposed to a bunch of garbage corporate or educational speak like "We are a team" or "We take pride in what we do" or "We go above and beyond" or "So and so has the Bandwidth", "We are a family", etc.

Ironically, technology was allegedly meant to make our jobs easier, when in reality, the expectation of having total access to me as an employee even when I'm off the clock is everything wrong with the job world today.

Guess what? I have a family, they're not here at work.

My philosophy has taken a MAJOR shift over the last year. I was working myself to the bone, responding to emails and other work related stuff at 10:00 or later at night, emailing angry parents and other administrators from the waiting room while my daughter was in surgery, etc.

So, I'm going to absolutely bring my A+ game from 7:45 to 3:15, and then do NOTHING after that unless it's a genuine work related emergency, and even then, you can see me tomorrow most likely.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@rackcs @Blue @SirA1

To clarify, I'm not necessarily advocating this extreme version of the approach in the article, but rather as the rest of the world refers to it "Getting paid for the work that you do" as Blue very succinctly pointed out, as opposed to a bunch of garbage corporate or educational speak like "We are a team" or "We take pride in what we do" or "We go above and beyond" or "So and so has the Bandwidth", "We are a family", etc.

Ironically, technology was allegedly meant to make our jobs easier, when in reality, the expectation of having total access to me as an employee even when I'm off the clock is everything wrong with the job world today.

Guess what? I have a family, they're not here at work.

My philosophy has taken a MAJOR shift over the last year. I was working myself to the bone, responding to emails and other work related stuff at 10:00 or later at night, emailing angry parents and other administrators from the waiting room while my daughter was in surgery, etc.

So, I'm going to absolutely bring my A+ game from 7:45 to 3:15, and then do NOTHING after that unless it's a genuine work related emergency, and even then, you can see me tomorrow most likely.

Yeah, that's exactly it. I do my job, I educate, then I go home. I'm lucky I work at a place where I have smaller class sizes so it's easier for me to not take my work home even if it means I often have to put in more effort with my students during the day. We got a new principal this year and he's awesome so far. One of the first things he told us is that he's a dad/husband first and if he ever gets a call that his daughters or wife need him, he's out the door and he expects the same for us. He so far at least is really saying all of the right things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Some of my coworkers and I were talking about it the other day and one of them said "As soon as I heard about this term I thought about you rackcs" and I said thank you.

people call you rackcs in real life.  Niiiiice

• Like 6

I like Drake landing in Baltimore. I for sure thought teams would wait until week 2 to sign him to avoid guaranteed money.

I know I am going to Jinx myself but since he was the only FA guy I have it feels weird to have a fully healthy and intact roster.

I normally have about $10-15K worth of guys on IR at this point of the season.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I like Drake landing in Baltimore. I for sure thought teams would wait until week 2 to sign him to avoid guaranteed money.

I know I am going to Jinx myself but since he was the only FA guy I have it feels weird to have a fully healthy and intact roster.

I normally have about $10-15K worth of guys on IR at this point of the season.

cuts aren't over yet my friend

• Like 1