BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

9 hours ago, MD4L said:

I know voters don’t care about pass rushers but Alex Highsmith is a good 4th rusher.

And that spin move he put on Jedrick Willis, @wwhickok I get it. Jeez.

Wills was rolled up on and playing hurt and kudos to JB for smartly taking the sack and letting that clock run there. But yeah he doesn't suck as a pass rusher.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Wills was rolled up on and playing hurt and kudos to JB for smartly taking the sack and letting that clock run there. But yeah he doesn't suck as a pass rusher.

Is he ever healthy? As a former Trapper we wish him the best but seems like he always has some injury he’s trying to play through.

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Is he ever healthy? As a former Trapper we wish him the best but seems like he always has some injury he’s trying to play through.

He seems constantly banged up in the legs. He's fine. Not great, not bad. He likely won't get a second contract, but he will give them 5 capable years IMO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rackcs said:

I mean congrats on Chubb beating up on a not-great Steelers defense missing their best player. Him stiff arming Miles Killebrew doesn't change what I said.

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's a shame I have no decent players on my offensive line either. He'll probably only hit 5.0 ypc instead of his current 2022 5.5 average or 5.3 career average.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rackcs said:

I mean congrats on Chubb beating up on a not-great Steelers defense missing their best player. Him stiff arming Miles Killebrew doesn't change what I said.

I'm not going to lie I don't necessarily think I agree with this. Chubb gives most teams a problem. More so, i think Pittsburgh has a very good defense but when your offense cant do **** and youve got a mediocre backup as your starter, that defense is gonna wear down quick. They were gassed by the nid 3rd qtr. 

Now his stiff arm on Miles Killebrew, does not impress me, its a backup safety who plays mostly special teams. 

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's a shame I have no decent players on my offensive line either. He'll probably only hit 5.0 ypc instead of his current 2022 5.5 average or 5.3 career average.

I never said that Chubb would get completely shut down, just that I think Anchorage had a team that could limit his effectiveness.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not going to lie I don't necessarily think I agree with this. Chubb gives most teams a problem. More so, i think Pittsburgh has a very good defense but when your offense cant do **** and youve got a mediocre backup as your starter, that defense is gonna wear down quick. They were gassed by the nid 3rd qtr. 

Now his stiff arm on Miles Killebrew, does not impress me, its a backup safety who plays mostly special teams. 

This defense is pretty mid without TJ Watt. Fitzpatrick and Heyward are stars and none of the other starters are outright bad but none of them are really above average either. Honestly I'd say outside of Watt, Fitzpatrick, and Heyward, the entire defense is just very average skill-wise. No real bad pieces but without some star power I definitely think not-great is a way to describe them.

Just now, rackcs said:

I never said that Chubb would get completely shut down, just that I think Anchorage had a team that could limit his effectiveness.

This defense is pretty mid without TJ Watt. Fitzpatrick and Heyward are stars and none of the other starters are outright bad but none of them are really above average either. Honestly I'd say outside of Watt, Fitzpatrick, and Heyward, the entire defense is just very average skill-wise. No real bad pieces but without some star power I definitely think not-great is a way to describe them.

Oh I don't  Disagree with that I guess what I'm just saying is that I think this defense looks even worse by the fact that our offense isn't doing Jack

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Terrell Edmunds is bad