BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Going into Week 3 and already a third of BDL (5 teams) can't afford a waiver claim without cutting somebody. Woof.

Half the league with less than $1k in cap space. Maybe I'm just misremembering because I always keep a pool of cap space open, but that seems like an unusually high number of teams with very little money at this point in the season.

I mean I’ve been here for what feels like an eternity at this point.

Tired Oh No GIF by Marvel Studios

But I think it’s the first time I let my squad get here.

• Like 1

It certainly depends how far back you want to go. When the franchise was in New Orleans and Louisiana it was typically run with a tight budget. Before that though when it was in Sacramento I don’t think jepeg ever spent money on any players for any reason 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

It certainly depends how far back you want to go. When the franchise was in New Orleans and Louisiana it was typically run with a tight budget. Before that though when it was in Sacramento I don’t think jepeg ever spent money on any players for any reason 

Don’t worry. Flint will spend some money.

But I also doubt in future we will ever be THE MOST cap-strapped team in a season. Not ruling it out, but it seems unlikely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Saving cap space ain't going into our wallets, so might as well spend it.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Yeah I'm not judging anybody for it, if anything it reflects badly on me for not going harder for it every season. I just think it's an interesting phenomenon.

In my first couple of seasons i was still learning the league and didn't really spend in the offseasom so I had a lot of cap space those seasons.  This offseason I felt more comfortable with the league and my team so I spent all of my cap (probably wasn't the smartest decision lol) and caused a couple of teams to spend more as well 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Yeah I'm not judging anybody for it, if anything it reflects badly on me for not going harder for it every season. I just think it's an interesting phenomenon.

Things should also be interesting next season when the Cap goes up over $20K.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Does anyone else live in the town/city where a major team’s football stadium is? I swear I’d like college football a bit more if I didn’t have to plan my entire Saturday around game traffic 5-6 times a year 

I'm close to Toronto and damn is it hectic getting home on a gameday. Downtown is bad enough but good luck driving out and around near the end of a Raptors, Leafs or Jays game. I went to a Jays game the same day as a Leafs playoff game and my cousin gave away his Toronto FC tickets the same day as one too. The combined traffic was nightmare. At least they aren't in major residential areas though.

Not football but I've been there during Bills games too and it's bad but not as nuts as the Leafs or Raptors when it's full plus fans from our of town wanting to chill outside as well at Maple Leafs Square / Jurassic Park.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I'm close to Toronto and damn is it hectic getting home on a gameday. Downtown is bad enough but good luck driving out and around near the end of a Raptors, Leafs or Jays game. I went to a Jays game the same day as a Leafs playoff game and my cousin gave away his Toronto FC tickets the same day as one too. The combined traffic was nightmare. At least they aren't in major residential areas though.

Not football but I've been there during Bills games too and it's bad but not as nuts as the Leafs or Raptors when it's full plus fans from our of town wanting to chill outside as well at Maple Leafs Square / Jurassic Park.

Oooh yeah I can only imagine how it is when other sports are going on as well. The Thunder at least are in a different city so I haven’t experienced that. 

And yeah one major problem is that it’s pretty much all residential around campus. I’m about two blocks from the stadium so it’s effectively impossible to get out or get home except for during the game itself. 

Edited by Whicker