BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

12 but we have a bye after 11 and we may or may not have a bye before the Bizz Bowl. What I want to know is if Waivers process on bye weeks and if they are $50 less than the week before while also being $50 than the next week. And if claims can be for IR players each week as well.

We have a bye during week 12, but it still counts as week 12. All weeks are accounted for in the rules. We don’t play week 17 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

12 but we have a bye after 11 and we may or may not have a bye before the Bizz Bowl. What I want to know is if Waivers process on bye weeks and if they are $50 less than the week before while also being $50 than the next week. And if claims can be for IR players each week as well.

Yes, and your question is answered if you just look at the Rules.

How many weeks is playoffs?

52 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

That isn't what I'm asking. I mean do weeks advance or not during our byes to make costs cheaper, do waivers even process, can you make a claim during both weeks, can you make an IR claim each week? Nothing in the rules is clear.

Yes, we do a waiver during Thanksgiving that works the same as always.  Once the playoffs hit, only teams actively playing can submit waiver claims.

I was told there may be 2 bye weeks. Because of that the weeks didn't seem to fit. I just wanted clarification in case the rules weren't updated for new scheduling. 3 others to this points have told me they don't know and some thought there was another bye during the playoffs.

That clears things up.

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

It's been said to me and I'm new so I don't know ****. I've been asking for clarification for weeks and finally got it.

12 regular season games. 3 playoff games. One bye week for Thanksgiving. Rules explicitly list 16 weeks for waiver claims. The math isn't hard.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

12 regular season games. 3 playoff games. One bye week for Thanksgiving. Rules explicitly list 16 weeks for waiver claims. The math isn't hard.

You still don't get it. I counted 16 as well but someone told me there was 2 byes but that made 17 and they said the weeks might not be properly updated for a 2nd extra bye. Others I asked couldn't confirm one way or the other or never said anything. I don't have experience of waivers through a bye as I'm new. These are valid questions where so called common sense can't be trusted due to what I've been told.

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

2.11 Lancaster(from DV) – Christian Gonzalez, CB – They will need a total DB rehaul this offseason.

I'll definitely need corner help and I really like Gonzalez but I feel like DB overhaul is a strong word. Three of my starters will be back in Jalen Ramsey, Jaire Alexander, and Minkah Fitzpatrick. Feel like that's a solid starting point, just need depth after that.

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Otito Ogbonnia time?

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I love Ika.  And your team could definitely use a giant Vea-type player in the middle of the defense.

Ika is not a Vea type. He's athletic for his size but doesn't have the functional strength you'd expect from a guy who is really only ever going to be a pure NT. I think he's one of the more overrated guys in the class at this point in the process. He's more of an NFL round 2-3 guy imo.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Rome has RG, Gotham has LT, Seoul has C and RT.

They've been a very good run blocking unit this year. Kaleb McGary in particular did a 180 from how he was earlier in his career. I know most people aren't watching non-primetime Falcons games. Definitely not a great night though.

Edited by rackcs

42 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Lindstrom is a stud. Might be the best guard in the league. But third LG who was consistently getting murdered.   The whole left side to center last night struggled mightily 

Oh no no.  Derrick Brown abused Lindstrom all night long.