BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

We will see.  If I get a deal I like for Rodgers, ill move on from him.  If not, ill go for the repeat.  If I go for a repeat, ill need cap space and moving Jones gives me that.

I'm going to need some more concrete material to work with here. I may be an artist, but this is a bit too wishy/washy.

62xluf.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Jlash said:

Also I completely understand blowing it up after you win. It's a grind. Tore it all down after both mine.

If there was one player I would have probably needed to move to repeat, it'd have been Jones.  He was very expensive, Carter looks promising despite being on an awful Jets offense, and RB is the one position I could count on a rookie.

So it really doesn't move the needle one way or the other in terms of repeat or rebuild.  

Rodgers will dictate that decision.

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Really?

I mean every situation is a bit different. But at face value this feels like a shocker. 

I mean unless you inherit a monster roster, it's a grind to get there and even harder to keep it all together. Sometimes it's nice to build it back up again without the pressure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Really?

I mean every situation is a bit different. But at face value this feels like a shocker. 

Depends on the team, QB situation, cap space, etc.

He had Lamar during Lamar's mvp season, thought that wouldn't last, and moved on.  It paid off for him.

48 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I mean unless you inherit a monster roster, it's a grind to get there and even harder to keep it all together. Sometimes it's nice to build it back up again without the pressure.

47 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Depends on the team, QB situation, cap space, etc.

He had Lamar during Lamar's mvp season, thought that wouldn't last, and moved on.  It paid off for him.

Some people like to blow it up every year even when they don’t win anything...

• Like 4