BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Yeah bullet points - maybe 5 for offense and 5 for defense and including desired split of say run/pass on offense and what primary coverage scheme you're going to use on D would be better.

A team's gameplan can go out the window IRL after just a handful of snaps and then they need to adjust. We don't have such a privilege. So a standardised, short-form gameplan allows for the happy medium of being able to strategise while not going down a rabbit hole of needing to try and predict every single thing that may or may not happen across a fictitious 60 minute football match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea I've gotten annoyed at some massive gameplans but the last thing I want is having everyone do them a certain way.

I have no issue with there being a reasonable limit to them, but we cannot take away peoples' ability to be creative with them and predict their opponent or be unpredictable. 

If we were going to specify anything I'd say the voting criteria, no I'm not suggesting we should or need to do this, I'm just saying I don't think there's a need beyond excessive length to limit anything of this nature.

• Like 1

The only gameplans I hate reading are ones that go 4/5 different ways and basically say we are going to do what the defense isn’t doing.   No ****.    Have a gameplan and have a counter.   don’t have a counter to the counter to the counter.   

• Like 4

Just now, RedGold said:

The only gameplans I hate reading are ones that go 4/5 different ways and basically say we are going to do what the defense isn’t doing.   No ****.    Have a gameplan and have a counter.   don’t have a counter to the counter to the counter.   

This is why you didn’t vote me best coach...

200.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

This is why Jlash is consistently one of the best coaches 

• Like 3