BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Well, while that is all well and good, if we are going to realign OKC and Raleigh (assuming both @EaglesPeteC and @Whicker agree) or even potentially do so, this is something we should be considering to be done prior to the start of our 2022 season imo.

I think we are pretty focused on that. 

Hey I haven't agreed to anything yet

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RedGold said:

The only gameplans I hate reading are ones that go 4/5 different ways and basically say we are going to do what the defense isn’t doing.   No ****.    Have a gameplan and have a counter.   don’t have a counter to the counter to the counter.   

You just described every blowhard offensive coach who thinks he’s a savant. They all have a bunch of superiority complexes.

Sincerely,

A HS Defensive Coach

• Like 2

The gameplan issue is that; if we don't gameplan as though we can stop everything and do everything we are destined to lose the game because of the way people tend to vote.

So if we are going to do anything to gameplanning, it has to start with getting on the same page mentally with a general basis for voting.

I do agree the 3 Novel length gameplans are far too much.

• Like 1

Personally, this is my suggestion and I think maybe a 'length of paragraph' should be defined more specifically within a reasonable limit.

I would say to allow 6 total paragraphs, 3 for offense, 3 for defense. + any specific formation details (not referring to images), such as listing a specific section of the depth chart for 4-3 vs. 3-4 Defense to identify to people how that personnel would look. (This would be separate from your base game Day Roster.

To put things in perspective, Let's take the Bizz Bowl Championship for example; my total Gameplan was just over 3000 characters long.

Berlins total gameplan was 8,072 characters long.  So if you think mine was too long...

I think most of us would agree that the Berlin /New Orleans game while very good,  Was one of the longest hardest reads in recent history in BDL 

There have been times that by the time I get to the end end of a game plan I forget what I read at the beginning of it

I do not agree about being boxed in on my game-plans. I want the freedom to post graphics, extraneous verbiage that fits the scheme, memes, and write in wrestling promo styles as well. I admire the thought behind it, but I also like the creativity of playing in the league and don't love being boxed in unless it's reasonable. 

• Like 3