BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Why though? Did you go to Nova?

Got my MA in English there, yeah. Worked in the athletic department as a writing tutor too, though I don't think I ever worked with any of the basketball players who won the last two titles.

• Like 1

1.1   Cancun – Kayvon Thibodeaux – They’re going edge.  Only question is which one.
1.2   Anchorage – Aidan Hutchinson – Scoundrel has loved Hutch for years and I think, when all is said and done, he takes a guy who might not have the highest ceiling, but will have an immediate impact.
1.3   Gotham – Sauce Gardner – Great prospect and great pick to pair with Howard.
1.4   Antarctica – Kyle Hamilton – Pickle is going defense, only question is who.  They need help in the back end and Hamilton can fix that in multiple ways.
1.5   Rome – Travon Walker – Bcb goes BPA and I think that would be Travon here.  Plus, he likes big edge rushers who can shut down the run.
1.6   Anchorage – Jordan Davis – Davis is a difference maker on the interior and pairs with Hutch to give immediate impact from day one.
1.7   Anchorage – Ikem Ekwonu – Anchorage gets his pick of OL and goes with the guy who has the most positional flexibility.
1.8   Cuba – Jermaine Johnson – Not sure I believe it will happen, but he definitely fits a need.
1.9   Anchorage –  Derek Stingley Jr – With 4 picks in the top 9, Anchorage takes the risk on the player who arguably has the best film of any prospect in this draft.
1.10           Berlin – Evan Neal – I will probably 3Up Donte Jackson, so need help at OG and Neal can play 4 positions on the OL.  Plus, he might be the best player in the draft.
1.11           Raleigh – George Karlaftis – They have very little at edge as of right now and Karlaftis is a nice player to begin a DL rebuild with.
1.12           Seoul – Andrew Booth – Very underrated, and they need a #1 option outside.
1.13           Camden – Charles Cross – The best LT prospect in the draft, they build up the OL which could allow them to move other guys around.
1.14           Camden – Nakobe Dean – They need an upgrade at LB and Dean is the best man for the job.
1.15           Seoul – Garrett Wilson – They just moved Cooks and Garrett provides a cheaper explosive element
1.16           Berlin – Drake London – I get a replacement for Allen Robinson who I’ll keep trying to trade.

• Like 3

Players that you are NOT PERMITTED to release or trade at any time.

Players that would put your current year’s salary cap in the negative

Signed Exclusive Rights Free Agents - ERFA

Signed Restricted Free Agents - RFA

Signed Players acquired through - Free Agency, Shark Tank, Waiver Wire

@Jlash @MD4L

Just clarifying some questions I have.

1) If say I signed a guy in free agency this year to a 3 year deal, I can't trade him per above. Is that correct? But I can trade him in 2023? (Thinking yes because if I understand correctly Kamara who I acquired via trade was signed last off-season) 

2) Extending players; So if I have a player hypothetically on last year of BDL contract at 2,500, but IRL he's signed for 3 more years at 5,000, I can extend him to 3 years immediately? Has to be the same 3 years IRL? Does not effect my 3ups for upcoming or current off-season? Immediately changes his salary this year from 2,500 to 5,000? 

Sorry, it's a bit tedious. I just want to manage my roster the best I can so I have to have a good understanding of my options. I inherited a roster with about 26 1 year players.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

@Jlash @MD4L

Just clarifying some questions I have.

1) If say I signed a guy in free agency this year to a 3 year deal, I can't trade him per above. Is that correct? But I can trade him in 2023? (Thinking yes because if I understand correctly Kamara who I acquired via trade was signed last off-season) 

2) Extending players; So if I have a player hypothetically on last year of BDL contract at 2,500, but IRL he's signed for 3 more years at 5,000, I can extend him to 3 years immediately? Has to be the same 3 years IRL? Does not effect my 3ups for upcoming or current off-season? Immediately changes his salary this year from 2,500 to 5,000? 

Sorry, it's a bit tedious. I just want to manage my roster the best I can so I have to have a good understanding of my options. I inherited a roster with about 26 1 year players.

1) Yes you're correct. Can't trade a signed player, UFA, RFA, ERFA in the same year said player was signed. But in 2023 you'd be able to trade them.

2) you can extend said player at 100% of their contract. So if his rl avg salary is 5k and you extended them to a 3 year contract, your new cost of said player would be 5k per year.

• Like 2