BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, bcb1213 said:

From my recollection, my research showed me with three guys with top 5 grades. 0 other dudes with top ten grades and a bunch in the 10-20 range 

Fair enough. I have a couple deals lined up already and worst case scenario, I like some guys more then enough to take here. It helps me either way but like Rags mentioned, you’re likely on the hook for 1.5 salary regardless of when you actually pick.

I think bcb is going to be hard-pressed to find even a single other owner who approves of him not paying the 1.5 salary after admitting he plans to intentionally miss his pick, let alone get a majority of people to agree with him on it. Just make the pick, man.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think bcb is going to be hard-pressed to find even a single other owner who approves of him not paying the 1.5 salary after admitting he plans to intentionally miss his pick, let alone get a majority of people to agree with him on it. Just make the pick, man.

Lol no on picking now. Skipping was just random late night thought 

Waiting for trade   if none, 1259 tommorow 

Edited by bcb1213

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

He has 12 hours or so which he can take if he chooses.  Either he trades the pick and pays whatever the cost of the new picks would be or he doesn't trade and pays the 1.5 cost irrespective of whether he makes the 1.5 pick on time.

Fine either way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

From my recollection, my research showed me with three guys with top 5 grades. 0 other dudes with top ten grades and a bunch in the 10-20 range 

This logic lacks logic.

You're telling us you have a top 5 pick and couldn't come up with a Big Board of 5 players you'd be willing to select, you were banking on someone being willing to pay a premium to trade up? 

I mean... to each their own, but that simply doesn't make sense. Moteso, if everyone in the league knows there's not a single player you want at 5 and you're willing to wait until 12:59pm to select, why wouldn't they just sit back and wait for you to be forced to select a guy anyway?

• Like 3