TowerBridge Random Musings

Towerbridge

Well, the amount of FBS teams will always increase as teams move up from FCS. This leads to more bowls being created.

Thus far, three teams have made plans to jump to FBS in 2023: Jacksonville State, James Madison and Sam Houston.

What we need is more cold weather bowls.

For instance:

Cleveland can have the Lake Erie Bowl at FirstEnergy Stadium between the B1G and MAC, Akron can have the Rubber Bowl at InfoCision Stadium between the Big 12 and MAC, and if Temple joins the Big 12, that conference would be the host team for the Ben Franklin Bowl at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, the opponent would alternate between the ACC and B1G.

15 hours ago, Towerbridge said:

Can we admit making a bowl is absolutely not an accomplishment anymore, especially with a power conference team. Heck making a lower tier bowl as a power conference school shows just how bad/mediocre you were If you didn't beat anyone

it isnt.  only bowl games i care about is a new years 6 bowl for houston.  back in the day i would care about a bowl if we were playing a p5 school (ala beating pitt in the 2015 armed forces bowl).  heck the game tues vs auburn doesnt entice me like it used to. 

18 hours ago, Towerbridge said:

Can we admit making a bowl is absolutely not an accomplishment anymore, especially with a power conference team. Heck making a lower tier bowl as a power conference school shows just how bad/mediocre you were If you didn't beat anyone

For fans?  Probably.  For the players?  Getting free stuff is always nice.

I personally would rather have 12 teams but 8 would at least allow for some parity in the playoffs. Isn't everyone sick of the lack of parity at the top of the CFB? I don't even watch the playoffs anymore because who wants to watch the same 5 teams win year after year? At least with 12 there is an outside chance of some upsets and some additional parity that could occur it also allows the mid tier teams to play for something outside of just the mid tier unexciting bowl games. 

12? Why stop there. Why not just throw everyone in the top 25 in? Give #1 a bye. Seems like people want to pretend adding multiple games for college athletes won't decrease the quality of the product.

It's sad that people want to expand the playoffs so dozens of teams get "CFB Playoff Participant!" Banners.