Week 18 (SNF) Chargers: (9-7) at Raiders (9-7)

NYRaider

Playoff Bound  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, true2form said:

Luckily they didn't recover it.  Luckily the defense only gave up 2 TDs and not 3 to end the game.

Luckily our offense failed that 2 point conversion or there would be no overtime 

luckily defense got 2 turnovers plus forcing 3 punts to help the offense pick themselves up

plus a lucky 4th down stop to give the offense a free redzone opp to you know build a lead

But no the offense did it all by themselves lol our first td drive was 6 plays for 23yards come on

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Luckily our offense failed that 2 point conversion or there would be no overtime 

luckily defense got 2 turnovers plus forcing 3 punts to help the offense pick themselves up

plus a lucky 4th down stop to give the offense a free redzone opp to you know build a lead

But no the offense did it all by themselves lol our first td drive was 6 plays for 23yards come on

Lol

I never said the offense did it by themselves.  I'm just tired of people blaming one side of the ball for the others deficiencies. 

The offense failed a 2 point conversion, yep that's enough to know you're off your rocker. That's a 50/50 shot.

Little embellishment there.  Defense got 1 turnover, fumble was Special teams. Is the defense special for doing there job and forcing a punt? 3.7 punts per game was the average in 2020, does that mean the defense is below average at forcing punts?

The defense did what they needed to on the 4th down play.  I give them credit for the stop, but the Chargers gave us that opportunity.  If they had forced a turnover that would've been different.

Big issue for you or anyone else as a fan if you aren't happy with 29 points, 15 point lead, and less than 5 minutes to go. Your first reaction shouldn't be "well if they just woulda scored more points". 

BS, the defense couldn't get off the damn field on two straight drives.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, true2form said:

Lol

I never said the offense did it by themselves.  I'm just tired of people blaming one side of the ball for the others deficiencies. 

The offense failed a 2 point conversion, yep that's enough to know you're off your rocker. That's a 50/50 shot.

Little embellishment there.  Defense got 1 turnover, fumble was Special teams. Is the defense special for doing there job and forcing a punt? 3.7 punts per game was the average in 2020, does that mean the defense is below average at forcing punts?

The defense did what they needed to on the 4th down play.  I give them credit for the stop, but the Chargers gave us that opportunity.  If they had forced a turnover that would've been different.

Big issue for you or anyone else as a fan if you aren't happy with 29 points, 15 point lead, and less than 5 minutes to go. Your first reaction shouldn't be "well if they just woulda scored more points". 

Same with the end of the 1st half, our D gave up a 14 play 75 yard TD drive and a 13 play 90 yard TD drive. 
If teams get the first down, they usually end up driving on us it seems. 
People blame the O for getting the D tired, but they constantly give up long drives and struggle to get off the field, they tire themselves out. 

But, the D has improved a ton. Not ragging on them, they have been doing their job and out doing my expectations. But there is still tons of room for improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Lol

Carr finally got the 2td no turnover game I’ve been banging the table for him to have since like 2 months ago. I’m happy. So happy I didn’t even care that he didn’t get 200 yards. 

y’all always b’ing about the defense gets old that’s it.

37 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr finally got the 2td no turnover game I’ve been banging the table for him to have since like 2 months ago. I’m happy. So happy I didn’t even care that he didn’t get 200 yards. 

y’all always b’ing about the defense gets old that’s it.

I guess if you're a big defensive guy I can understand that.  However, up until this year, even you'd have to say the defense has been abysmal.

I'm ecstatic to have a middle of the road defense after all these years.  However, they're still middle of the road and I'm not giving them too much credit like some want to. 

Maybe next year they can become a top 10 unit and actually get some turnovers.  Who knows at this point though.

As for Carr, he hasn't played well recently.  He's done enough to win games and made plays when he needed to.

I'm looking at offense vs defense though.  Not Carr vs. defense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, true2form said:

I guess if you're a big defensive guy I can understand that.  However, up until this year, even you'd have to say the defense has been abysmal.

I'm ecstatic to have a middle of the road defense after all these years.  However, they're still middle of the road and I'm not giving them too much credit like some want to. 

Maybe next year they can become a top 10 unit and actually get some turnovers.  Who knows at this point though.

As for Carr, he hasn't played well recently.  He's done enough to win games and made plays when he needed to.

I'm looking at offense vs defense though.  Not Carr vs. defense. 

The difference between the offense and defense is that the offense is CLEARLY lacking in talent. The defense definitely has more talent than that and has consistently underperformed on 3rd down/4th down and in the RZ.

They definitely have played more of a role than the offense down the stretch, but the last 2 drives agains the Chargers were unacceptable. They essentially folded when it counted.

On 1/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

The difference between the offense and defense is that the offense is CLEARLY lacking in talent. The defense definitely has more talent than that and has consistently underperformed on 3rd down/4th down and in the RZ.

They definitely have played more of a role than the offense down the stretch, but the last 2 drives agains the Chargers were unacceptable. They essentially folded when it counted.

Defense lost us that playoff game huh

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Defense lost us that playoff game huh

They didn’t play well if that’s what you want to hear. Great job to hold them to FGs on the two short fields and one stop. The rest of the drives they gave up scores, so nothing to be proud of. 

The offense played just as bad. Shooting themselves in the foot every chance they could. So many penalties and the turnover of course. 

Even special teams got in on the action with a screw up. Carlson was money as usual. 

Same problems on both sides all year though. Offense can’t score enough and defense can’t get off the field. Red zone woes need to be fixed on both sides if we want to do anything going forward. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, true2form said:

They didn’t play well if that’s what you want to hear. Great job to hold them to FGs on the two short fields and one stop. The rest of the drives they gave up scores, so nothing to be proud of. 

The offense played just as bad. Shooting themselves in the foot every chance they could. So many penalties and the turnover of course. 

Even special teams got in on the action with a screw up. Carlson was money as usual. 

Same problems on both sides all year though. Offense can’t score enough and defense can’t get off the field. Red zone woes need to be fixed on both sides if we want to do anything going forward. 

The difference is that the offense clearly lacks talent. Look at the Bengals skill positions. Their WR group is amazing and they didn't even need to target them consistently to win the game today. That and they didn't get like 10 OL penalties. That makes a huge difference.

We need a huge talent infusion on the OL and a stud in the WR room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The difference is that the offense clearly lacks talent. Look at the Bengals skill positions. Their WR group is amazing and they didn't even need to target them consistently to win the game today. That and they didn't get like 10 OL penalties. That makes a huge difference.

We need a huge talent infusion on the OL and a stud in the WR room.

I know that. You know that. Others don’t care. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 7:36 PM, true2form said:

The Bengals game epitomized all of our weaknesses throughout the season. 

Offensively the OL struggled, our red zone offense struggled, we couldn't produce big plays, Carr had 2 turnovers, our red zone play calling was horrendous, and we were ultra conservative throughout the game.

Defensively we never made any adjustments, didn't blitz, just sat in cover 3 all game which allowed Chase to torch us, couldn't come up with any turnovers, and the pass rush faded because we lack depth/wouldn't send extra bodies.