Week 18 (SNF) Chargers: (9-7) at Raiders (9-7)

NYRaider

Playoff Bound  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No weapons on O, a terrible Oline, a below average run game and an average at best D this year and we are in the playoffs.  That is quite impressive when looking at the quality and makeup of this team.  One thing these guys have is heart, they don't quit and fight until the end.  I love scrappy teams and we have that in our favor.  Carr has lead this squad to a 10 win season in the face of adversity.  He deserves a ton of credit. 

Not to mention a low end OC lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

DL been our weakest link since Mack left

We have been trying to fix it, before and after Mack with multiple early picks who have all busted.  Our drafting has been pathetic.  Even when Mack was here he was a 1 man wrecking crew.  The surrounding talent on the Dline when he was here was abysmal.  

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No weapons on O, a terrible Oline, a below average run game and an average at best D this year and we are in the playoffs.  That is quite impressive when looking at the quality and makeup of this team.  One thing these guys have is heart, they don't quit and fight until the end.  I love scrappy teams and we have that in our favor.  Carr has lead this squad to a 10 win season in the face of adversity.  He deserves a ton of credit. 

The Defense, and DL in specific, is what has carried us the past four games. Carr has been very average the past six games or so. He hasn’t been bad, but saying he’s the main reason we are going to the playoffs is a little ridiculous. He hasn’t had a real solid game since the Dallas game. 

Our DL has been killin it. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr absolutely deserves a ton of credit and should get an extension. I don't think there is any other QB that could've done what he did for us this season. He wasn't perfect but through the storm he was the face of the franchise and made plays on the biggest stages down the final stretch of the season. Extremely proud of Carr man, he deserves his flowers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have been trying to fix it, before and after Mack with multiple early picks who have all busted.  Our drafting has been pathetic.  Even when Mack was here he was a 1 man wrecking crew.  The surrounding talent on the Dline when he was here was abysmal.  

Irvin wasn’t that bad as a Robin problem was Jihad Ward and I don’t remember who else was in charge of interior pressure lol 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Defense, and DL in specific, is what has carried us the past four games. Carr has been very average the past six games or so. He hasn’t been bad, but saying he’s the main reason we are going to the playoffs is a little ridiculous. He hasn’t had a real solid game since the Dallas game. 

Average but big in key moments, that ball to Zay on the sideline on 3rd and 8 that last drive was special. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Carr has been the heartbeat of this team, during a season where we lost our HC and most explosive O weapon.  He is the main reason we are going to the playoffs and has been a clutch player and leader when it counts.  

If your boy Tua was our QB this would be a 4 or 5 win team. 

Not many QB's in the NFL could lead this bunch of below average players into the playoffs and as much as one wants to focus on stats as a key to success, winning is much more complex than that.  

I do however admit our Dline play has been quite impressive.  Maxx gets a ton of credit and deservedly so but YN also deserves a bunch of credit.  While it all might not show up on the stat sheet his pressure and presence has allowed Maxx to have his best season to date.  Being able to generate a pass rush while rushing 4 is massive.  I just hope we can continue to apply pressure next week in Cincy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In the history of FF, has our fanbase been more united than we currently are?

@agarcia34 @Humble_Beast @big_palooka @jimkelly02 @MrOaktown_56 @Geezy @Bitty 2.0 @Frankie2Gunz @Chali21 @RaidersAreOne @NickButera

Winning and making the playoffs sure helps :)  It's been over two decades of getting our teeth kicked in on Sundays.  A win in Cincy next weekend would be out of control!!!  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In the history of FF, has our fanbase been more united than we currently are?

@agarcia34 @Humble_Beast @big_palooka @jimkelly02 @MrOaktown_56 @Geezy @Bitty 2.0 @Frankie2Gunz @Chali21 @RaidersAreOne @NickButera

I’ve posted here since 2007, South Bay Raida(forgot password) then Big Rob(didn’t make the switch to new format in time)and lurked for a little longer than that.This is the 2nd time we’ve made the playoffs since then lol I think we all share a common love(hate) and just view things differently. Overall, it’s all love! Go Raiders

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Winning and making the playoffs sure helps :)  It's been over two decades of getting our teeth kicked in on Sundays.  A win in Cincy next weekend would be out of control!!!  

I will give you props as one of the few, if not the only poster, to fully support Carr throughout all of the ups and downs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  Our 1st down play calls last night were terrible. Run up the gut for 1 yard LOL 

It's hard being in 2nd or 3rd and long on nearly every possession.  

I was calling run plays on every first down and my lady was looking at me like I was Vince Lombardi lmao