Week 18 (SNF) Chargers: (9-7) at Raiders (9-7)

NYRaider

Playoff Bound  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In the history of FF, has our fanbase been more united than we currently are?

@agarcia34 @Humble_Beast @big_palooka @jimkelly02 @MrOaktown_56 @Geezy @Bitty 2.0 @Frankie2Gunz @Chali21 @RaidersAreOne @NickButera

Maybe 2016. 

Carr love was at an all time high and the offense was the best in years. Mack was a DPoY single handedly finishing games. People thought they might have a shot at the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Maybe 2016. 

Carr love was at an all time high and the offense was the best in years. Mack was a DPoY single handedly finishing games. People thought they might have a shot at the Super Bowl. 

Yep, that team was way more exciting and we had higher expectations towards the end of the season and playoffs.  

Early this year we may have been on that same trajectory before everything fell apart.  I think we are all happy to be back in the playoffs, but one bad bounce in any of the last four games and we aren't.

Now, I think we all feel better about our chances going into this game than the last one though. At least Carr gets to play.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

People have a yellow jacket already around Herbert's shoulders.  It's crazy as he has far superior talent on every level of the field and couldn't pull out the win. 

Lamar is a joke, Tua is a bum, Russ is one of my favorite QB's in the NFL and Ryan is washed up who has had the luxury of playing with elite WR's his whole career. 

Carr detractors have no idea how special this season has been.  He has lead this team through adversity and with minimal talent at best.  

Some fools on here for years claim that Carr can't rally the troops and that he is not a leader.  I couldn't make that nonsense up if I tried.  

A week ago people on here were claiming we need to move on from Carr after this season, he collapses down the stretch blah blah.  He leading this below average team into the playoffs to face Cincy and if we can win next week!  watch out!!!

To be fair, I don't think Carr has had his best season this year and again in this one he missed a few big throws, but, if dragging this motley crew kicking and screaming into the playoffs with everything going on off the field and around them is not 'elevating talent' then I'm not quite sure what is?!?!?!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

To be fair, I don't think Carr has had his best season this year and again in this one he missed a few big throws, but, if dragging this motley crew kicking and screaming into the playoffs with everything going on off the field and around them is not 'elevating talent' then I'm not quite sure what is?!?!?!

Def not Carrs best game, but it couldve been his best game moving in the pocket. He needs to continue doing that and contiue getting better at it. 
He didnt connect on some of the plays he extended, but he drew a few PIs because of it! doesnt show on the stat sheet but played a huge role in the win yesterday

• Like 2

This ironically may have been Carr's worst game of the season just based on a throw by throw basis. It seemed like he was being very conservative coming off a few weeks of multi-turnover games. He did have the luxury somewhat because of the early lead and big 4th quarter lead. To me, his biggest miss was the touchdown to Waller in overtime. That's a throw even an average QB makes. It didn't look like the pressure was too bad, either. Obviously it's all moot because of the throw to Zay Jones on the final drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

This ironically may have been Carr's worst game of the season just based on a throw by throw basis. It seemed like he was being very conservative coming off a few weeks of multi-turnover games. He did have the luxury somewhat because of the early lead and big 4th quarter lead. To me, his biggest miss was the touchdown to Waller in overtime. That's a throw even an average QB makes. It didn't look like the pressure was too bad, either. Obviously it's all moot because of the throw to Zay Jones on the final drive.

Not to pick on Carr, but I wouldn't say this was a great game by him by any means either. I saw someone else asking if the stigma for him had been removed.. I would say not really but the team went a long to changing the overall late season collapse trend and he was a piece of that for sure. 

- Almost threw a pick in the red zone where he threw it across his body and LA dropped it

- Had a fumbled in Raiders territory and lucked out Parker recovered it after LA had initially had it

- Missed the deep bomb to Zay, got bailed out on the weird PI call to Zay, missed Waller as you mentioned. Think he missed Zay again later in the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Not to pick on Carr, but I wouldn't say this was a great game by him by any means either. I saw someone else asking if the stigma for him had been removed.. I would say not really but the team went a long to changing the overall late season collapse trend and he was a piece of that for sure. 

- Almost threw a pick in the red zone where he threw it across his body and LA dropped it

- Had a fumbled in Raiders territory and lucked out Parker recovered it after LA had initially had it

- Missed the deep bomb to Zay, got bailed out on the weird PI call to Zay, missed Waller as you mentioned. Think he missed Zay again later in the game.

It definitely wasn’t a great game but he made big plays when it counted and pulled out the win. We all know that Carr can make all the throws and that he is an accurate QB. He didn’t show it yesterday but he’s consistently showed that throughout his career. 

What we didn’t know was if he could win a high stakes game in January. Next week we will get some answers to our questions about his ability to lead his team to a win on the road in a cold weather playoff game. If he pulls that off I think it’s impossible not to extend him for another 4-5 years. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In the history of FF, has our fanbase been more united than we currently are?

@agarcia34 @Humble_Beast @big_palooka @jimkelly02 @MrOaktown_56 @Geezy @Bitty 2.0 @Frankie2Gunz @Chali21 @RaidersAreOne @NickButera

Yea, probably not. Maybe 2016, but even then I remember there being a lot of dislike of Del Rio.  I see where you're going with this though. We need someone to complain. I'll get right on it. Time to start bashing something about our franchise. 

We won the game so I do not want to be to critical but once again we had to dominate the game to barely win because this team does not score as many TDs as it should.  MVP of the game is our kicker and it is that way far to often.  Carr got lucky with the TOs and we got lucky that LA squandered their opportunities.  I would still take Herbert over Carr.  Herbert's rookie year was better than Carr's year this year.  This team kept fighting and I loved seeing that but we should not have won. 

On 1/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, NYRaider said:

Yeah traveling to Vegas is honestly a hassle. I live in Los Angeles now and going to the game at So-Fi was so much easier then going out to LV. So-Fi is so much nicer then our stadium too, I wish we would've moved to LA. When we were in Oakland and I lived in Berkeley I was able to just take the Bart straight to the stadium, good times.

an old girlfriend use to go to Cal Berkeley, so I would do the same. Ride the bart right to the stadium. Looking back, those were amazing times  

18 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The list of QBs that people swear are better than Carr that aren't making the playoffs:

Herbert

Lamar

Tua

Russ

Ryan

Heinicke (yeah, people were absolutely saying that)

#WimnersWinLosersLose

Also of note if wins truly is a QB stat is that Davis Mills in his rookie year won as many games as Desean Watson at QB for the Texans last year...........🤔

Edited by Darbsk

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Also of note if wins truly is a QB stat is that Davis Mills in his rookie year won as many games as Desean Watson at QB for the Texans last year...........🤔

Davis Mills is 🐐 reincarnate. Just watch. 

(No, for real, I wouldn't have minded grabbing him if he was available late. Needs a year or two to ideally season himself, but he has enough potential to be a long time starter in the NFL.)

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I will give you props as one of the few, if not the only poster, to fully support Carr throughout all of the ups and downs. 

Thanks, I know over the years I have taken a lot of flack for my stance but I knew all along that Carr can get the job done as he is a very good NFL QB who has been held back by an abysmal supporting cast.  Is he the prototypical NFL QB, certainly not but he is smart, has a very good arm, doesn't make foolish throws and never complains.  The guy is a warrior and my stance has been reinforced at the end of this season with a winning streak that has put us in the playoffs.  

I have been critical of his supporting cast every year and this year is no different.  The Raiders squad has surprised me as I still feel this team has a below average roster.  The only thing that is different are these guys don't quit and I love that!  We are underdogs this week just as Carr has been his whole career.  I can think of nothing sweeter than going into Cincy and coming out with a win on Saturday.